Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-21-2005, 01:31 AM

Default iMsoLucky0 confuses me.

Stars 10 rebuy. Villain is iMsoLucky0. He may or may not know "who I am" (am I somebody?). I've played him before and "sup bro'd" in the past, so it's possible he knows.

I have been pretty aggro. I have raised his blind twice before I beleive... and taken it down with a cont bet. I get the sense he doensn't like folding to me. In retrospect I think his bet sizes should have given this away, but I suck I guess.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button (t10450)
SB (t66728)
BB (iMsoLucky0)/ (t18975)
UTG (t34288)
UTG+1 (t19601)
MP1 (t13712)
Hero (t15870)
MP3 (t4375)
CO (t26950)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB (iMsoLucky0)/ calls t800.

Flop: (t2200) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
iMsoLucky0 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">iMsoLucky0 raises to t3200</font>, Hero calls t1600. Supernova9 is confused.

Turn: (t8600) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">iMsoLucky0 bets t4800</font> I have about 10k left. As I am mulling over the decision, he writes in the chatbox: "You must have 99 or JJ." "I'm guessing 99."

I...

Decision time!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: iMsoLucky0 confuses me.

I would fold here putting him on some sort of set or top pair higher kicker. There is also a small possibility he is slowplaying a big hand to you because if he knows you he knows you are aggressive, something like JJ-AA. I dont think he would attempt such a big bluff this early and with no draws on board I think there arent many hands you are beating I fold

-Gardock
Old 12-21-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold here putting him on some sort of set or top pair higher kicker. There is also a small possibility he is slowplaying a big hand to you because if he knows you he knows you are aggressive, something like JJ-AA. I dont think he would attempt such a big bluff this early and with no draws on board I think there arent many hands you are beating I fold

-Gardock

[/ QUOTE ]

hes def capable of bluffing here, specially vs ansky. I come over the top of ansky with any2 all the time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Meh I wouldnt steal his blind here cause I dont like palying against him if ive been attacking his blind and he knows it. He is very capable of putting you to very tough decisions (as you can tell).
Old 12-21-2005, 01:53 AM

I was also thinking top pair better kicker.. I think if he acknowledges you being loose and aggressive in LP, smooth calling with KK/AA/QQ would be a good idea as well, because you probably don't have a good hand enough of the time to call a re-raise. on that board I dunno if he min-raises you with a set.. this is one of those "way ahead, way behind" hands on flops that have no texture to them at all.

Most likely holding I think is overpair or something A-10, K-10 ish, I don't see any other hand that would call your raise preflop and raise you post flop.. Also small possibility of 5-5, but I dunno if I'd take that line often with a set on that board. (Of course he knows you're good, and will be thinking the same thing, so it could work to overvalue your holding)

What do you think the table talk means? Could be a tell.. Im not smart enough to make anything of it though.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:58 AM

I don't know what to do in this hand, but I think it's important to note that your decision here is on the flop, not the turn.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 AM

fold.

This spot really sucks.

Pre flop - If you have been in a lag gear lately you may want to pass this. Actually passing this pre flop first in in MP will never be bad with a deepish stack, but raising is fine too... unless you have reason to believe someone is going to play back at you. Hard to say if iMsoLucky0 has reason to play back at you here. (If you are say coming off a couple of orbits without putting money in pre flop, I think not raising is a mistake without a good reason. Good reasons almost all involve having aggressive and loose or tricky players behind you.)

Flop - ok, the mini c/r is not good for you. You have top pair crap kicker on a dry board. You are way ahead or way behind here, but against a good player who can make plays and may know you know how to fold, you are just in a bad spot. When he continues on the turn, this looks less like a play since it really looks like he is building a pot here, not good. The only way he is bluffing here is if he knows you are capable of folding a one pair hand here. iMso won't be trying to develop a big pot with a one pair hand here, he would either get more in on the flop to increase folding equity/define the hand or he would look to play a small pot. Folding to the mini raise is probably correct, but it is hard getting those odds.

Turn - Make no mistake, your stack is in peril here. The bet is inviting but will make all in on the next action plenty reasonable. Pushing is pretty bad here. Calling is worse. Do what you should have done on the flop and lay down to his aggression in the face of resistance.

If this post doesn't make much sense, I have nodded off twice while typing it. Off to bed for me.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what to do in this hand, but I think it's important to note that your decision here is on the flop, not the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

With these stack sizes I disagree very strongly.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call the flop raise, but you know he's betting out into an ever growing pot on the turn, so if you're not intending on calling a turn bet (unless you hit a 9 or 10), is there any point in calling the flop bet?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean that the flop is push/fold. I just mean that you should probably fold the flop if you're frequently folding the turn.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 AM

Information.

To make a more informed decision based on information he gives from the size of his turn bet. At least, I allow myself the opportunity to- I still may misinterpret the bet and make an incorrect decision.