Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 02:08 PM

Default suited AQ- why am I a jackass??

10+1 rebuy
down to last 52 - 20 cash

I have had enough. Every time I get close to the money and catch a few rounds of weak starting hands, when I get a good one, I push it, generally after an unfavorable flop, when I know I'm beat. I do this every damn time- it is getting to be re-goddamn-diculous. It is like I am compelled to self destruct and bust out- help me stop the madness.
Blinds 300/600
jackass (me) is MP 1 (9100 in chips)
Villan is BB (12500 in chips)-has not shown any agression whatsoever since I moved to the table.

jackass A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds
jackass raises to 1800
3 calls
flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan bets 1000
jackass pushes all-in
2 folds
Villan insta-calls

why,why,why do I shove here against 3 opponents? I just couldn't stop myself.Do they sell pills or somthing for this?? Arrgh.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: suited AQ- why am I a jackass??

Maybe you thought the spades were clubs?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10+1 rebuy
down to last 52 - 20 cash

I have had enough. Every time I get close to the money and catch a few rounds of weak starting hands, when I get a good one, I push it, generally after an unfavorable flop, when I know I'm beat. I do this every damn time- it is getting to be re-goddamn-diculous. It is like I am compelled to self destruct and bust out- help me stop the madness.
Blinds 300/600
jackass (me) is MP 1 (9100 in chips)
Villan is BB (12500 in chips)-has not shown any agression whatsoever since I moved to the table.

jackass A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds
jackass raises to 1800
3 calls
flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan bets 1000
jackass pushes all-in
2 folds
Villan insta-calls

why,why,why do I shove here against 3 opponents? I just couldn't stop myself.Do they sell pills or somthing for this?? Arrgh.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know about the pills, but why didnt you just shove preflop. shoving post flop pretty bad play. you have to be able to let go of hands when you miss the flop. so many people think because they are in a pot, that they have to win it, especially if they raised preflop. discipline yourself to be able to make post flop laydowns. Sometimes you just have to believe them, when they show strength. Yes, sometimes you will be laying downt he best hand, but A high is not a good hand.

preflop you raise to 3 BB's with only 15 BB's in your stack (equal to an M of 10). After the preflop bet you only have 12 BB's left and M of 8. If you know your going to CB or push post flop no matter what the flop is why not push preflop? At least you'll have some FE.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:23 PM

yup, push that be-atch. It is +EV even if you only get called by hands that are ahead of you pre-flop. But, in real life, some of those will fold and you will also get called by weaker aces. At this level you might even get called by any two suited high cards. In short, as you saw, it is tough to dick around with an unmade hand with an M~10 (M =stack/sum of blinds and antes). If you get more than one caller, you pretty much have to hit your hand to win.

note... this reply was meant for the original poster