Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: HAY GUYZ I\'M JJACKOFF OMG LOL BRB BBQ I LOVE CAPS NAMBLA

[ QUOTE ]
This was my first hand at the table, no reads. I feel like I messed up by scaring the villain away with my turn raise, he let his timer wind down before he holded.
On the turn, if you thought villain was holding AK or AJ, do you raise to avoid being 4-outered? Or is it better to just call so you can get him to fire a second barrel on the river? What if you thought he had AQ? Is it correct to just call since he is drawing dead anyway, or raise for value/raise to try to make it look like you're making a move with AK/AJ?
And yes I agree, the title for my post is unbelievably gay, but what can I say, I'll do what it takes to get feedback.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $25 BB (5 handed) converter

UTG ($3584)
MP ($738)
Button ($2558.50)
SB ($2582)
Hero ($2500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $160</font>, SB calls $110.

Flop: ($320) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($320) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $320</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $720</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $1360
Hero wins $1360.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't OOT or World Poker Tour, etc. You don't need a ridiculous title to get people to read it. Generally, on the more strategy oriented forums, a title like "TT turn raise at NL 10/25" will work fine and get you plenty of responses. As an added bonus, the thread won't get hijacked with people flaming you for the title.

As for the hand in question, the standard play would probably be to c-bet the flop. Did you have a read that the villain check-raises with good hands OOP or something? Discussing why you checked behind on the flop might would be good / helpful.

On the turn, you're probably way ahead of his range and would be safe to call. I wouldn't worry too much about getting rivered by a straight and with no flush draws out, you're probably safe to call. You're in position and you can always fire out a value bet on the river if it gets checked to you. The turn raise isn't bad or anything but there might have been a bit more value in a call.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:30 PM

I sometimes check the flop like this in certain situations. If anything, only thing I do differently is crank turn big.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I customized that title just for you Sponger. Glad to see you liked it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so
Old 12-24-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why you didnt bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither. Not a standard line for me.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:23 PM

If I've been raising quite a bit and c-betting a ton then this is a spot where I will check the flop to 'mix it up.' If I wanna mix it up by checking after PFR'ing then I'd rather do it here than c-betting an AK9 flop while holding 67s.

the way it was played I'd likely be raising turn to 800ish.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:02 PM

i think flop check isn't bad, TT is probably good but no reason to build a huge pot, youre protecting a 6 outer at most.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:14 PM

Yes and no, I mean if a J, K, or A hits will you be happy? That's more than just 6 cards you don't want to see. You can still get value on the flop by betting here. I don't like the check generally, although I probably will check about 15-25% of the time.

The bad thing also about checking this flops is that hero's hand looks a LOT like AK. Hero will be facing a non-A/K turn with a bet often and this is a spot that can be avoided by just betting flop. By reraising pf hero has already stated that he's willing to start building the pot early, and I'd much rather keep the heat on then start dealing with "what does this bet mean?" on the turn.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:17 PM

ha! i am posting here w/no content at all! your title plan has backfired
Old 12-24-2005, 11:26 PM

God this is boring.

Merry xmas.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:46 AM

wow this thread is retarded.
Closed Thread