Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 09-19-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Voice command program?

How difficult would it be to make a program that responds to simple commands such as raise, fold, check, call? This kind of thing would be convenient when you have to multi task and play poker.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Voice command program?

[ QUOTE ]
How difficult would it be to make a program that responds to simple commands such as raise, fold, check, call? This kind of thing would be convenient when you have to multi task and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I was just thinking about that a few days ago(check Dragon Spelling in google).

I went a step further and checked out caps that you can wear on your head that read your brainwaves and can interpret them to activate a cursor or buttons etc...

Even better, I saw a guy last night on TLC that had two probes implanted into his brain permanently and he could connect or disconnect this cable of wires to his brain and move the cursor around etc....

Also some new computer chips with brain matter growing on them that can communicate with the brain...

There is a new wave coming soon, won't even need to move to make things happen, and things will happen much faster then you could ever move yourself physically.

I know your all laughing right now but this stuff is happening, I would use the cap on your head, not to sure about the probes, looks kinda messy, I think they call this stuff wetwear instead of software... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Just some thoughts, please don't anyone try this at home [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 09-19-2005, 08:00 PM

Thought about this too, but imagine someone trying to 4 table and all the sudden they say raise right as the focus pops to another table and you meant to fold, I can just see a total mess with something like this.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:38 PM

You would jsut say the table name then the action. I think that would solve that for the most part.

Call table to focus -> betting action
Old 09-20-2005, 12:47 PM

There was a thread not too long ago about someone doing this already.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM

I was actually considering doing something like this a while back. I'm sure it could probably be done but what killed it for me was one of the first things I read said that these programs have about a 92% success rate for voice commands. Does that mean 8% of the time I say raise, it's going to fold, etc? Didn't really feel like finding out.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:48 PM

if we make the commands somewhat more complicated, i.e. "raise A B C" "Fold cookie" "check amazingly" rather than check, fold, raise, the command success rate would probably go way up.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Imagine how annoying it would be when your wife comes in and says Can you help me FOLD these blankets please?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM

I would never fold a cookie.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:28 PM

Use this in conjunction with the program that OrcaDK is working (MTH(multi table handler)) this program already brings the correct active table into focus and holds it there.

Don't ask please, just use the 2+2 search, there are two or three threads on it in "software"

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co