Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Telling a girl you have an STD

[ QUOTE ]
I recently found out that that I probably have herpes (apparently the test for this isn't totally reliable, however the [censored] you want to take that).

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to take that as you have no idea if you have it or not yet so don't freak out yet. And if you do have it you might have a very mild semi dormant type if that is possible but from the little I have read it sounds like it.

Have you had an outbreak? What made you go get tested?

[ QUOTE ]
If this matters at all...I'm not a terribly promiscuous person. I believe that I contracted it from unprotected oral sex with a girl that I had been seeing for a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying this is impossible but I like your chances of getting good news when the results come in. Get retested if the results were not conclusive. gl
Old 11-27-2005, 03:53 AM

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm#common

Genital HSV-2 infection is more common in women (approximately one out of four women) than in men (almost one out of five). This may be due to male-to-female transmissions being more likely than female-to-male transmission.

Most of them probably don't know it though.

Good luck, and you should be proud of yourself for being honest. Many of the people giving you [censored] in this thread probably have it too. See a shrink for psychological help on dealing with this [censored].
Old 11-27-2005, 07:16 AM

You need to find out what type of herpes it is... My ex (was married 5 years) has type 1 - and i don't. See told me when we first started dating... we have been very carefull, but luckly she did not have many outbreaks... about once a year. Don't worry that much about it, do you know how many people -guys and girls - have [censored]?? A LOT. just be honest and careful. I have been tested and i am clean... knock on wood. you drew the short stick and went down on the wrong girl. my ex went down on the wrong guy. it happens. deal. later
Old 11-27-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's dating websites specifically for people who have herpes

[/ QUOTE ]

do I sense a crimson challenge?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

theres not much point dating someone who doesnt have it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

You have herpes, and you see a point in dating people without herpes? Please, explain your logic to me, because I'm totally confused.

You honestly believe that there's a feeling out there strong enough that a woman would be willing to get HERPES because she wanted to have sex with you? Its HERPES man. We're not talking the clap here. I'd happily put up with the clap to bang certain very hot chicks. But, uh, herpes?

Just chop your pecker off and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you read up on Herpes. Its not that serious of a disease, and its not easy to give (or get) if you are careful. And yes, people with Herpes can have unprotected sex and still be careful not to give it to their partner. Education is the key... know when its not OK to have sex and there are no problems.

PS: I know about this because an old roommate of mine had Herpes, I do not have first hand experience.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious if you also disagreed before you yourself caught herpes, or only after you got them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I never thought about it before. But I'd like to think that if I met a girl that I really cared about, and I found out she had it, I'd be able to still be with her. Part of this comes from having done some of my own research and realizing that it's not really a big deal as far as STDs go. It's basically equivalent to having cold sores.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

You have herpes, and you see a point in dating people without herpes? Please, explain your logic to me, because I'm totally confused.

You honestly believe that there's a feeling out there strong enough that a woman would be willing to get HERPES because she wanted to have sex with you? Its HERPES man. We're not talking the clap here. I'd happily put up with the clap to bang certain very hot chicks. But, uh, herpes?

Just chop your pecker off and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you read up on Herpes. Its not that serious of a disease, and its not easy to give (or get) if you are careful. And yes, people with Herpes can have unprotected sex and still be careful not to give it to their partner. Education is the key... know when its not OK to have sex and there are no problems.

PS: I know about this because an old roommate of mine had Herpes, I do not have first hand experience.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Captain Wrong.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:38 PM

wait you can get genital herpes by getting head from girls who also have genital herpes?

and one in four girls have genital herpes?

and the types of girls who would give head to random guys probably are mostly those one-in-four girls?

not saying that I do that, but in general that paints a pretty ugly picture for a lot of people I know.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:41 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't have a partner. I got herpes from a
tractor.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I didn't have a partner. I got herpes from a
tractor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you do the responsible thing and inform the other tractors you are with.