Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Gaybets, cold calls, wtf?

Both villians are kind of loose. pf raiser is aggressive. Fold pf? like the flop donkbet for protection? Turn raise spewing? Fold river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (15.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 18.16 BB
Old 10-05-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Gaybets, cold calls, wtf?

Unless UTG1 is a known LAG I fold preflop. That being said I would play this hand the same postflop.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:51 PM

As a relative newbie forgive me for this question but why the raise on turn and not on the river?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:53 PM

I agree with duckman, no scare card on river, seems like if you thought the turn was worth raising, than so would be the river. My guess is though that he raised to represent flush, but then when he was called he was all the sudden scared of the flush.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a relative newbie forgive me for this question but why the raise on turn and not on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pfr seems to like his hand enough as evidence of of the flop call and turn cold call, but it appears he can't beat a Q so picking up a call from him would be a good thing. IMO sb has shown a lot of strength by donking this river after his turn donk was raised so I'm not convince we are beating him enough to warrent a raise, but we will win enough so I call (plus MP1 pads the pot by overcalling).
Old 10-05-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless UTG1 is a known LAG I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? With 9:1 immediate pot odds, I want to call with just about any two...
Old 10-05-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless UTG1 is a known LAG I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? With 9:1 immediate pot odds, I want to call with just about any two...

[/ QUOTE ]

If UTG1 is a TAG the risk of domination is fairly large IMO and I would be much more comfortable calling in the BB with 89o or 74s.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to protect in this large pot. maybe i can fold out some crappy club or some pair. Notice my position and how the raise wasnt for value. u newbs need to understand betting to protect as opposed to betting for value. this might have been the wrong spot but stil.....
Old 10-05-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with duckman, no scare card on river, seems like if you thought the turn was worth raising, than so would be the river. My guess is though that he raised to represent flush, but then when he was called he was all the sudden scared of the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well you make me sound like a big fish but yes, I raised to get hands (that may be better than mine but cant beat a flush) to fold. When CC in 2 places yes i was definately scared of the flush, and i think a river raise would be spewing
Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 PM

In my experience, 4 players at showdown equals atleast one flush. I am folding to any river bet into me, or called by 2 others.