Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lib alert Lib alert....whoop whoop whoop!

Hates the idea of killing anyone / anything... unless it is an unborn child of course....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey - dont be like that. I am painfully liberal... and own several handguns. I also served for 10 years in the army. Please dont lump all liberals in with the whiney civil rights babies that we're so commonly equated with.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:16 PM

Heheheh.

Remember, masturbation is murder!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:28 PM

Can someone tell me what the laws regarding guns are in the US?

Can you just go buy a gun, or do you need a permit/licence first?

Do you have to go through any training to be allowed to own one?

Are there rules to state how you store it and where (ie. in a gun safe or something), or can you have them laying around wherever or in your car?

edit: and for the guys who carry them around concealed, what do you have to do that have that privaledge? And do you actually carry it around everywhere you go?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are there rules to state how you store it and where (ie. in a gun safe or something), or can you have them laying around wherever or in your car?

edit: and for the guys who carry them around concealed, what do you have to do that have that privaledge? And do you actually carry it around everywhere you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

The short answer is that it all depends on your state and county. When I lived in NH, I was able to walk into a gun store, give them my drivers lisence and walk out 20 minutes later with a gun. I went to the police, filled out a form, paid $25 and got a license to carry it in my underwear.

Then I moved to Boston where I am not even legally allowed to own a gun without going through a process that takes several MONTHS just to store it in my house.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check this site out: www.packing.org

Edit: this is more about concealed carry than general info, but there are good links and lots of information.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Buying from a store: there are different waiting periods state to state, but you always have to pass a federal background check. If you have any history of domestic violence or a felony record you will be declined.

2) Most states you do not need a permit/license to buy. IL has a license (FOID) and MI has a pistol permit.

3) No training required AFAIK.

4) Depends on the state. Many states you can have a loaded rifle in your car (think south). Many you can't have a loaded pistol without a concealed carry license. In every state (except maybe California) on your own property you can carry/store however you want and that's how it should be.

5) For a concealed carry license, most states require training, some don't, all require a license except AK and VT. No, I don't carry because I live behind enemy lines (IL - blue state). If I could I would always carry because you can't really predict when you need it.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to the politics forum.

~D
Old 11-14-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the real world, chief. I live in Philadelphia, and since I'm in law enforcement, I think I'm pretty qualified to answer this. It will help when some crack-deranged lunatic breaks into your house with a knife looking for money and lunges at you or one of your loved ones with a knife.

We don't all live on an secluded campus. Some of us live in the real world and face real problems - problems where it turns out that it's us or them.

BTW, to the OP - good choice.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the real world, chief. I live in Philadelphia, and since I'm in law enforcement, I think I'm pretty qualified to answer this. It will help when some crack-deranged lunatic breaks into your house with a knife looking for money and lunges at you or one of your loved ones with a knife.

We don't all live on an secluded campus. Some of us live in the real world and face real problems - problems where it turns out that it's us or them.

[/ QUOTE ]
<disclaimer>I'm not an anti-gun hippie liberal democrat, well ok I am a democrat. Anyways, I'm not trying to make any kind of political point, just want some info.</d>

Thank you. I was hoping someone would actually bite and answer his question.

I'm curious about the concealed carry use. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I absolutely needed protection like that. I do however, live in the suburbs (the OC) where there isn't too much crime. If you lived in an area like this, would you still carry a concealed weapon, and why? Or do you carry because you can't avoid high-crime areas with a lot of nutjobs?

Also, I think going to a range would be fun, I have never fired a gun, should I go?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<disclaimer>I'm not an anti-gun hippie liberal democrat, well ok I am a democrat. Anyways, I'm not trying to make any kind of political point, just want some info.</d>

Thank you. I was hoping someone would actually bite and answer his question.

I'm curious about the concealed carry use. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I absolutely needed protection like that. I do however, live in the suburbs (the OC) where there isn't too much crime. If you lived in an area like this, would you still carry a concealed weapon, and why? Or do you carry because you can't avoid high-crime areas with a lot of nutjobs?

Also, I think going to a range would be fun, I have never fired a gun, should I go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I can't say for sure, I very much doubt that I would in that situation. It's a function of your environment.

With regard to ranges, it depends...I don't have anything against guns for hunting and protection at all, but ultra gun rights people who need eight fully automatic rifles bother me, and I've found that they populate certain ranges around PA. Shooting a gun at a range can be fun, if it's done at the right one.