Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 04:25 AM

Default good reads for 6 max

Hey guys.

Long time 2+2 reader, but never a poster. Too shy I guess? I've been grinding the full 100NL ring games for months now and have been a winning player. I loved the idea of making money through poker too much that I've withdrawn way too much and have been surfing at 2.5k bankroll. But now I'm looking to grind it out and move up the limits.

Most of the threads that I read here reiterates the fact that there are a lot of donks in 6 max. My style has and always have been lag so I get a lot of action most of the time. I guess my question addresses the people that have moved from full ring to 6 max. What adjustments did you make to your play when you moved into 6 max? Are there any books that addresses this specifically? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: good reads for 6 max

use the search button sir
Old 11-29-2005, 05:41 AM

search button is your friend. Nonetheless, 6max can be a very profitable game if played well. More hands per hour = more decisions per hour= more $ if you're a good player. Lots of marginal situations. I love the game
Old 11-29-2005, 08:18 AM

The standard advice is that you need to play more pots and be more aggressive than at full ring. As someone who has just made the change, I'd sound a note of caution - try to build in these adjustments gradually. I got a bit carried away the first few times I started playing short-handed, and was about 45/20 before I knew what had happened, with predictably detrimental results.