Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 AM

Default pot got big,. on river knowingly beat ?

5-10 live. Older fellow hasn't raised a hand yet, been in about 45 min., on my immediate right. A guy straddles. One caller then "guy" raises from ep3. I know blinds, straddler, and limper will be in so I call 4 sb's with a pair of nines.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to raiser, he bets (25 sb's) I peel one off. I know most likely has Aces or Kings, he might raise with AK , awfully tight so far.
Anyway, odds to hit trips, so I call.

2 others call.
Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Guy bets. 15 BB's. I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I call. That being high flush possible, I didn't figure odds on dime there of his having A or K of clubs, but felt had to draw to clubs or 9 with pot size.
Comments please?

Ok. no flush on river. It's heads up. He bets. 17 bets. I know tight as this guy is he would have never pushed this far without A's or K's. But don't wanna be dope and fold in big ass pot for 1 bet. Now, Ed says even if you are almost sure you are beaten, don't fold.

Well, I'm sure. But I'm thinking I can't fold here, just for peace of mind and validate what I think of this player. Is that a sucker play? Flame away.

Also, should I have gotten away from this hand anytime earlier?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: pot got big,. on river knowingly beat ?

i dont know what position you are in. I would try to raise the flop to protect your hand and you can fold the turn UI if 3 bet. Dont worry about your flush outs, one card 9-hi isnt very hot. what was the river card?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:13 AM

Raiser was Ep3 on my immediate right. I was MP1. I should have been more clear. I din't think there was anything to protect here. I'm getting 25-1 to hit 3rd nine. Rare to have those odds, damn straddle. Normally I would have dropped this hand on the flop.

9 hi flush is crappy, but that chance plus 2 nines make me a winner. Heads up. that's part of my question ,,on the turn should I have stayed. And river after the miss. I have no recollection of the card, it was total blank. I guess the overall question is about how much do you let monster pots effect your nomral decisions within reason.

Were mine within reason?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:23 AM

I think a flop raise would be worth it here. You may have the best hand if EP raiser has AKs. If you get a lot of callers or are 3 bet check/fold the turn UI.