Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Can I get away from this hand?

Playing 3 handed 20-20 NL on Eurobet. Hero has 3.5k to start the hand. Villain is over agressive p flop but plays well post flop. He has me covered. The other player is why we are at the table but he is not in on this hand.

Villain makes it $65 on the button. I pop it to $300 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Villain calls. HU to the flop with ~$730 in the pot.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $550. Villain calls. Pot is ~$1700

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] We both check.

River K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet $1000. Villain puts me all in for my last $1650. I puke in my mouth... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]close my eyes and call.

Can I get away from this hand on the river?

-ObnxNole-
Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Can I get away from this hand?

No way.

Think about it from villain's perspective. An overpair is a very likely hand for you to be checking the turn with -- going for the check raise all-in. Therefore if he flopped or turned a big hand he's almost certainly going to bet there to try to get all the money in the middle.

When you bet the river it looks a lot like a value/blocking bet. 99-QQ is very likely from his perspective, as is AK and AA. If he's sure that you can call only with those two hands, it's not a bad bluff.