Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Your Diet and Nutrition

[ QUOTE ]
why would you not mix fat and carbs? If it's to keep from gaining weight I could not care less as I'm 6' and 145 pounds. Also, what is wrong with white bread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people dont need to gain weight...so yes, if you are looking to gain then mixing isnt a problem. The easy answer is mixing fat and carbs makes you burn the carbs and store the fat. White bread gives you such an insulin surge because of the refined white flour that your blood glucose levels spike, which is rarely a good thing. Google Diabetes and refined white flour.

Edit: because diet is all about calorie in and calorie out, the amount of cals are the first step in what you need to determine fi you want to gain/lose weight. Not mixing fat/carb, the 40-30-30 diet, atkins, are all a refinement of where you get your calories from. Long term nutrition is key, and Ive found out of everything that not mixing F+C and eating P+C/F+P meals makes me less lethargic, etc.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:10 AM

Did some reading about white bread and will eat it in moderation.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:31 AM

I've been trying to loose weight for a while, but I've had difficulty. The problem is that I haven't managed to stick to anything (I'm sure that any diet would work if I would actually stick to it).

For about a month, I've been on Nutrisystem. I prefer this to everything else I've tried because, the food is provided for you. I don't have to think about what I should eat, of how much to eat. So far, I've lost 21lbs (though I don't expect that rate to continue). I do thnk I will be able to stick with this.

The food provides balance nutrition, and tastes fine.

I haven't been exercising, but I hope to start that when I get down to 300lbs. I wish there were a cheap way to hire a personal trainer.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I like fat milk. Half in half is even better. I don't believe it's bad for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha I think I'd like you. I like half n half too.

In my family I'm the bad one as far as nutrition. My mom and sisters are all health conscious. They've had Thanksgivings where there was no salt, no butter, no white dinner rolls, sugarless pies, etc. Just awful.

I too would like to know what is wrong with beef. I like red meat a lot.

also...what is so wrong with white rice? My family keeps frowning at me when I say I like white rice. Is it that bad for me? What's the deal, I seem to be pretty healthy.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:20 PM

I think healthy usually means low fat.

Personally, I find lots of alcohol is also good, ymmv.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eat less fastfood and drink less soda.

Learn how to cook dishes that include heathly items like vegetables and fish. Salmon is good for you, I try to eat at least once a week. Toast (wheat bread) and/or cereal is always the best breakfast. Lettuce has little nutriional value. Choose veggies that are of a dark green color. Drink juice or milk in place of soda. Etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

get fruit at the store instead of candy and junk food, for example a bag of apples instead of a bag of snickers.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eat less fastfood and drink less soda.

Learn how to cook dishes that include heathly items like vegetables and fish. Salmon is good for you, I try to eat at least once a week. Toast (wheat bread) and/or cereal is always the best breakfast. Lettuce has little nutriional value. Choose veggies that are of a dark green color. Drink juice or milk in place of soda. Etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

get fruit at the store instead of candy and junk food, for example a bag of apples instead of a bag of snickers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naturally dried fruit is also a good substite. Make sure there are not preservatives added.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:12 PM

Highly recommended:

Old 11-19-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know why you don't just "read some books" on the subject--there's gads of conflicting information.

Otherwise, I suggest simple adjustments like only eating lean meats, skim or soy milk only, less bread, and plenty of fruits and vegetables.

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing about expert opinion is that there's so many experts to choose from!

I suggest simple adjustments like eating lots of animal fat, less soy, less bread, less fruits, and cook your vegetables. Finding good meat, butter, and milk should be your top priority.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toast (wheat bread) and/or cereal is always the best breakfast. Lettuce has little nutriional value. Choose veggies that are of a dark green color. Drink juice or milk in place of soda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toast and cereal are the worst breakfasts; eat bacon and eggs. Lettuce has little nutritional value. Dark green veggies are keen. Stay away from juice and soda; get whole, non-rBGH milk.