Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: How do I put in more hours/week. (Long/Introspective)

[ QUOTE ]
Let me guess. You've gone thru a downswing, poker is painful, you're not playing, etc. Drop down a level, grind it out. Just do it. Stop whining. You dont need inspiration, you need perspiration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my post did I whine or mention a downswing? I wrote a positive, constructive post outlining 4 changes I will implement to better myself as a man and a poker player.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not following the PT train of thought. What exactly are you doing with PT? You're checking your PT results more frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm setting my PT to update 1/minute while adjusting it's CPU priority to below normal. This makes looking at stats unbearable because the program freezes constantly while it imports.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not following the PT train of thought. What exactly are you doing with PT? You're checking your PT results more frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm setting my PT to update 1/minute while adjusting it's CPU priority to below normal. This makes looking at stats unbearable because the program freezes constantly while it imports.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why are you looking at your stats constantly? Doesn't that go against the whole tiltblocker concept? Why not just import to PT at the end of each session?

Sorry Jeff, I feel like I might just be missing entirely what you're trying to say on this one.

Nigel
Old 08-28-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But why are you looking at your stats constantly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Compulsion. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm going to stop doing it.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:57 AM

1. Prop bet. Currently, Madtown and I have one running where we have to average 1k hands/day/week. At the end of the week, if one of us is under quota, we have to shell out $10 for every 100 hands under.

2. Come up with a schedule. TimM and Krishan have posted about their schedules.

3. Read Mastery by George Leonard.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was regularly putting in 30-50 hours a week while completing senior year for a physics degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is ridiculous. Amazing too. I wonder if it doens't skew your definition of long hours a bit. I think 30hrs is very very good for a pro. Anything above is phenomenal.

12.5 on the other hand is a bit weak.

Krishan
Old 08-28-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But why are you looking at your stats constantly? Doesn't that go against the whole tiltblocker concept? Why not just import to PT at the end of each session?

Sorry Jeff, I feel like I might just be missing entirely what you're trying to say on this one.

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying he's taking measures to make sure he doesn't look at his stats. He probably needs to continuously import while playing so that Playerview can update.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying he's taking measures to make sure he doesn't look at his stats. He probably needs to continuously import while playing so that Playerview can update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, gotcha. I just thought from his post there was some de-tilt strategy he was using by checking PT more often, and that sounded backwards, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing that may be a good idea to incorporate myself!

Nigel
Old 08-28-2005, 01:46 PM

I don't use an overlay or keep PT running while I play, but I do obsessively look at the cashier to see how much I have on the tables. If I change tables I always buy in for the exact amount I took off the previous table. I'm not sure I could stop if I wanted to.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's some of the activities I did while not working and playing less than 15 hours/week:

-Went to gym
-Went to beach
-Riding a stolen bike
-Riding my skateboard
-Watching TV
-Reading
-Getting drunk
-Shopping
-Walking around with no set agenda
-Getting drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP