Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ?!?!
Ahh just push it! 15 38.46%
Fold 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Default MTT Forum Leaderboard/Big Score Sticky Thread

I mentioned this idea in the do we want special posters in color thread, but wanted to give it its own space. Consider this as a separate idea, not a countersuggestion as I said in that thread.

The idea is pretty simple. I suggest creating either:

1. A 2+2 MTT leaderboard.

2. An stickied thread listing all big wins or high finishes in large enough tournaments.

We can work out details later - for now I am just curious if people are interested in either idea.

Obviously #1 would require a point system to be worked out. It couldn't be too complicated since someone would have to keep track of everything (I would be willing to do this and have ideas for a basic points system), but it wouldn't have to be to be effective. We could even specify a bunch of major tournaments that count and exclude everything else.

#2 could be really simple. Create categories and minimum levels of achievement - Like

Cashes in 10K buyins, Wins in 100 buyins, FT's in 300+ buyins. Whatever. Once the categories are set, the only work is a mod adding names to the list.

If either of these ideas takes hold, we could set something up beginning at the first of the year. Have a yearlong championship race, monthly champions, whatever. Could be a fun side competition amongst 2+2ers. You never know, it also might bring good players who lurk here out of hiding.

Thoughts?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: MTT Forum Leaderboard/Big Score Sticky Thread

Can we add scoring for micro tournaments as well? I mainly play the 10 and unders and have been profitable thus far this year. I also don't have the bankroll (yet) for the large buy-ins you mention. Obviously the large buy-ins would be weighted heavier....or perhaps a completely different leaderboard?

Just a thought
Old 10-22-2005, 03:09 PM

In theory, we could have more than one leaderboard for different levels. 10 and under, 20-100, 100+, for example. The main obstacle is that there are so many sites, so many tournaments, and (I imagine) so many 2+2ers doing well in the cheaper tournaments.

Not saying it would be impossible, just that it would have to be well-planned to prevent it from taking a lot of someone's time.

Like I said, I'd be willing to do some legwork to put this together and administrate it week to week (but if a mod or someone more experienced wants to take over/help out, feel free.). But right now, I can only play on pokerroom (mac), so I don't know enough about the other sites to come up with a viable plan for including micros or anything else really. I'm a getting a PC in a week - when i join all the other sites and get familiar with their formats, I would have a better idea of what could work.

Including micros basically comes down to how much work the person/people in charge are willing to put in.

All of this would probably be made easier using that database we used for the one week challenge a few weeks back.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 PM

If we do this, people are going to quickly find out that I am no good at MTTs.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:27 PM

I sort of brought this idea up this summer with the MTT weekly. I think a leaderboard would be cool but perhaps aside from buy in of event you would break down something like $5K cashes, $10K cashes, $20K+ cashes.

This allows even smaller buy in players to get into it in the $5 rebuys and what not.
~Justin
Old 10-22-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sort of brought this idea up this summer with the MTT weekly. I think a leaderboard would be cool but perhaps aside from buy in of event you would break down something like $5K cashes, $10K cashes, $20K+ cashes.

This allows even smaller buy in players to get into it in the $5 rebuys and what not.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Breaking it down by cash instead of buyin makes sense. Either way could work, or some combination. The MTT weekly stuff (you were posting the main tournaments for the week right?) definitely could tie-in, especially if the leaderboard is based on an announced set of tourneys (it would be nice if it didn't have to be but would of course make the work easier).

It would make sense to have a weekly champ and update the monthly and yearlong leaderboards once a week. After Sunday probably. And every week you could add the big cashes for the week to the list.

(bump for anyone who missed it earlier).
Old 10-24-2005, 07:32 PM

One last bump... anyone who voted yes who has thoughts on how it could/should work, please comment. Either way, I'll work up a proposal in the next few weeks for something to start in January.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:50 PM

i would say do something similar to pstars' TLB points, where you come up with some sort of formula. but probably have harder criteria to qualify, like top 5%, or top 2% or something. and probably should have some minimum prize pool for it to count... like 10 or 15k.

its hard to come up with a fair, and accurate formula for this. but you should probably just come up with some rough draft model, and then see what people think, and how it could be improved.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM

collecting scores would be hard too..
Old 10-24-2005, 07:57 PM

yeah. i really like this idea, but overall it will be pretty tough to keep up. somebody would have to devote a LOT of time to keeping everythign straight.