Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Good site for micro trnys (EST afternoon)?

Hi,

Until now I have mostly played the $10 + $1, $2k guaranteed trny at Empire but I feel that I have to take a step back and play some real micros to improve my game at a lower level (My BR is about $800 at this moment, too low for $10+1. Especially when I don't feel confident about my game).

It would be great if I could find some place where I don't need to pay twice the rake, just because I play micros. I've looked at PokerStars and their $3 + $0.3, the only problem with that one is that it's at 2.15 AM, which converts to 8.15 here in Sweden. Not the best time for a trny if you want to combine poker with studies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So what I'm looking for is this:
* A micro-trny (about $3-$5 buy in)
* A starting field that isn't huge (this may not be possible?)
* A low rake
* and one that takes place sometime around EST afternoon (daily).

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Good site for micro trnys (EST afternoon)?

Cheeck out Absolute Poker.. their field sshouldnt be too big, and they had buyins in this range.

I havn't played there in a few months so dunno if it's still the case.

Stars has a ton of tournamnts, but the fields are hugee.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:53 AM

Doesn't Prima have tournaments for your requirements ?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the tip, but I really don't like the prima network so I rather stay away from them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 11:36 AM

Ok, thanks!

I quick look at their trney schedule looks promising. They have a $5 NL Hold'em at 11:30, which should work just fine. Their website dosen't say anyting about the rake though. I'm at school now and dosen't have the option of downloading their client, does anyone know their rake on this one?

I should also add that I don't want to play rebuys, and that I of course want to play hold'em [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 11:57 AM

party poker has a 11 o clock(morning) $5 tourney
and a couple more of those at different times
although rake is 1

a couple months ago they had some $2 and $1 tourneys with no rake with $500 added to the prize pool,
but im honestly not sure if they still have those.
hope this was of some help
Old 10-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Especially since you are in Sweden, you might want to check out 24hPoker. It's a smaller site run by Swedes and almost all the players on this site are Europeans; it's part of the B2B network that also includes Unibet and some smaller skins.

I think you will find that the tournament schedule is Euro-friendly. They have holdem tournaments with €5 and greater buy-ins. They also have some rebuy satellites and crazy rebuy events (called "Wild West" tournaments) with smaller buy-ins. There are also some freerolls and VIP events (VIP are points you earn for playing cash games, similar to Stars' FPPs).

A typical €5 event at 24h will have a couple of hundred players, as opposed to a few thousand at Stars. The blind structure goes up rather quickly in the normal events and insanely fast in the turbo events. 24h tourneys are fast paced and don't allow for a lot of play. You don't make big laydowns in these events. 24h rakes 9%, so if you play a €5 freezeout, €4.55 goes to the prize pool and €0.45 goes to the rake. Unfortunately they rake 4% on each rebuy/addon [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

If you want to branch out of holdem, this site has a decent amount of tournament and ring game action in PL Omaha, PL Draw, and PL Soko.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:40 PM

Another place with frequent micro-limit MTTs is the Tribeca network. Victor Chandler and Doyle's Room are probably the two most well-known skins of this group. I haven't played much here, but again the tourneys are very fast-paced and I believe the schedule is friendly for both Europeans and North Americans. The rake is the standard 10%, so you have $2+0.20, $3+0.30, etc.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 PM

if you are not confident to play $10+1 maybe u should look over ur game as a whole
Old 10-23-2005, 01:30 PM

I would definetly also recommend Poker in Europe (didnt realise it was a skin!)

I only ever play on there for the multi tourneys but mid afternoon in the US its evening over here and the games are really soft.

The tournaments usually have about 100 - 200 starters with last 18 to 36 getting paid. Your starting stack is always 2000 chips and the blinds go up every 8 mins (sometimes longer but this is always advertised) and I think they start at 10/20.

A MTT with a buy in over $50 is rare but there are a lot of speed and turbos which I find a total crap shoot.

Good luck.