Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 12:42 AM

Default 77 on the button

First off I rarely play tourneys, I mostly stick to cash games. I've decided to start playing some MTT's for a change and I had a question about a hand today. Oh, and I had just got to the table, no reads.

Party 100+9. Blinds are 400/800. About 50 people left in tourney, payout top 40. Two limpers to me, MP & LP. I've got 77 on the button with about 2800 chips. MP, SB and BB cover me. LP is only person at table shorter than me w/ about 1800.

I pushed when it got to me.

Hopefully I provided all the relevent info. Thanks for the help, I hope to start contributing to this forum.

JKratzer
Old 10-23-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: 77 on the button

Stack sizes of the limpers? "Have me covered" isn't quite enough. I could make arguments for pushing and folding here. I'd probably push but expect to get called.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack sizes of the limpers? "Have me covered" isn't quite enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that's my cash game mentality I guess. The limper in MP had about 6500, I forget SB, probably about average (6-8k), BB had 10k+.

JKratzer
Old 10-23-2005, 01:39 AM

I like the push... you doulbe up if they all fold, and a MP openlimper is a lot less likely to be trapping than one from EP, although that depends on the player of course.

you can't worry about the blind hands, as they'll fold most of the time b/c they have to contend with the limpers too, so its not just your stack they're calling. and you might not be in that bad shape if you're called. coinflips are GOOD when you have so little chips to play with, esp ones where theres a lot of dead money.