Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 07:04 AM

Default More Donk Nonsense

TABLE CONDITIONS: It has becomes very short. SB is a not altogether stupid LAG (V$IP 40+ PFR 15+ WtSD 34 W$@SD 56) who is running good. Some loose calls PF but otherwise his raises are generally OK, and he plays fairly well post-flop. His limps are as sign of weakness (e.g. weak Aces) and there are a few pretty loose post-calls sprinkled about. His play indicates a lack of appreciation of position. BB is not really involved in this hand.

Paradise Poker $3/$6 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Naphand is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Naphand calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Naphand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I really want to raise this. Everything about his PF, flop and Turn play is consistent with a good Ace or PP IMO. I cannot put him on a flush, but will puke if I get 3-bet here. My mouse is poised over the raise button. Anyone just call?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Re: More Donk Nonsense

I dont mind a raise here, i cant see him raising the turn on a heart draw. Would i do it? no.. im too much of a pussy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 AM

nap,

this is a hard raise for me, but i am a big pussy on the river. i'm too scared of a 3-bet because i will throw up in my mouth, but i think a raise is good here because he's most likely being stupid with an ace or such. people get very aggro 3 handed.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:29 AM

I think you have to raise this. His preflop 3-bet, flop check suggests (coming from a LAG) that the flop hit him hard. A Lag will always autobet the flop here, unless he hit something good. His check-raise on the turn confirms his slowplay plan. Which suggests he has a Big Ace. However, he can't have a big ace and the flush, so you really have to keep betting.

The worst case scenario is that his turn check-raise was a true monster (AA, A8, 99). However, his lack of turn cap suggests this is not the case. I think you have a definate value raise on the river, and call if 3-bet.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:30 AM

I call.

Krishan
Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 AM

Why?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:44 AM

that's a very donky donk.

i think it's very close. i can't tell you what i'd do without being there.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I don't make idiots of people twice when it's possible for them to have a hand. He tried to make a play at you on the turn and you slapped him around like a rag doll by 3-betting him. He then leads a scare card on the river. He already made 1 play at the pot and you said, "NO" in a very loud voice. He can't expect you to fold in this spot. So instead of the 3 options being, he has the flush, he's bluffing, he has a hand worth calling a raise, the options are only he has the flush and he has a hand worth calling a raise.

I may not be very clear here. The reason I call is I've already make a lot of bets on big streets from him and there is a chance I'm behind. If he hadn't check-raised the turn I definitely would raise the river.

Krishan
Old 05-20-2005, 08:34 AM

i'd just call. a c/r and then stop-n-go: 99 maybe that figures he'll get more this way with a 3-bet on the river. that would be my quess.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:42 PM

bump for results or a brilliant conclusion (or a funny joke only englishmen get).

Krishan