Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Some hands from my first go at 6 max

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

River: (11.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

MP got really mad at me for this one. I hate betting the idiot end. spewage?

He didn't like my preflop raise. Is that standard or not? He had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Ranted for about an hour. I had to laugh.

-----------------------------------------

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.
Is betting second pair correct? If i hadn't hit the turn, I would have been done with it.
Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

--------------------------------------------------------
CO is MP in hand one. He had 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I guess my question is do you pump flush draws short handed like full ring? I feel I had some equity in this hand.
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (12.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
Old 05-18-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Some hands from my first go at 6 max

Hand 1)
Fold preflop, not standard.

Hand 2)
No preflop raise so a good chance you have the best hand. It's close between betting and checking in the hope of checkraising the button.

Hand 3)
Cha-ching. On the flop you probably have 15 outs. Nice hand.

Lost Wages
Old 05-18-2005, 08:46 PM

On the third hand, why the 3-bet on the draw? seems to me that after you've bet and got a caller, and another raises, you're better off just calling so you don't scare the other caller away, and have a chance to make some more bets if you do hit on the the turn or river. Am I wrong in my thinking?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the third hand, why the 3-bet on the draw? seems to me that after you've bet and got a caller, and another raises, you're better off just calling so you don't scare the other caller away, and have a chance to make some more bets if you do hit on the the turn or river. Am I wrong in my thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we have massive equity with this draw, we're ahead of a lot of hands here. We can cap this draw heads-up for value and possible fold equity vs. another draw or tough player.

And if MP decides to call, we're obviously much better off having 3-bet.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:12 AM

No way can you 3 bet the ass end of the straight, that is gonna burn you in the long run as you move to 5/10 or 10/20. If you have to call then call but you will find once you play thinking opponents they are just not going to raise on a 4-straight board without the top end. Usually in this case the raising ends up being between a guy with a 7 and the other guy who has 78 raising and reraising until the guy with 7 just check calls to the river.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:38 AM

hand 1.
Fold preflop and probably fold turn. Sure aggression is good and all, but with one limper and 3 others to act a raise here with K2 is not a play to make a lot, it's even a borderline blind steal.

Hand 2
pretty standard. I'm not sure if I would have bet into 4 others, but 3 definately, and I wouldn't stop until they raised me. You have to take into account how many players are in the hand here.

hand 3.
I'm no fan of overplaying my draws so I just call after the flop raise (also to keep MP in the hand) and the rest of the hand plays itself. preflop raise is also good.

edit: don't post results in the hands. it just makes us biased/results oriented when we're trying to comment.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:40 AM

Hand 1:

Fold preflop. The turn 3-bet with the bottom end of a one card straight after MP wakes up is just silly.

Hand 2:

I hate your line. You say that if you don't improve on the turn, you are done with it. So that means you're betting into the flop hoping that 3 players fold? I think check/call an early bet or check/raise a late bet on the flop is better.

Hand 3:

Beautiful. Awesome flop.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:46 AM

posting blind

Hand 1, just call the raise on the turn and pray.

Hand 2, I might check raise the turn. I might check the flop.

Hand 3, Changed my mind, looks fine.

Krishan