Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Totally [censored] fed up... my letter to Empire VIP re: SSN, etc.

Here's the bulk of a letter I sent to Empire VIP tonight. I've put up with their ass customer service and software since the games are great, cashouts quick, and they market well. Note: Empire is my ONLY active Party skin account:

"I received a popup when I tried to deposit $1,000 at Empire with Neteller saying I had "exceeded the $15,000 monthly deposit limit"... huh? It was my first deposit of the month. So the notice said to give my social security number (yeah right) or send my driver's license, which I begrudging did. Even though they said that within 20 minutes my account would be unblocked, I got an e-mail saying "This matter cannot be resolved on the phone. Please call us." But I *didn't even do anything wrong!!!!*

I'm really frustrated about this, and I am at my wit's end. If they need to contact me about something, they need to articulate what it is. I did EXACTLY what they said to do, even though I did nothing wrong.

Please do me a favor and forward this to an Empire manager and/or ownership, if possible. I don't know if this is the workings of IGMedia or Party or Empire, but I'm not going to take this anymore. I've put up with crappy customer service (Empire VIP being the one exception) at Party-related businesses, and I'm putting the hammer down. If this isn't satisfactorily resolved, I'm taking my business elsewhere and encouraging my high MGR friends to do the same."

If anyone is of the opinion that I'm being a whiny bitch, that's fine, I don't care. I want to know if anyone else is finally fed up with this crap... incorrect generic responses to specific e-mails, dodging the issues at hand, etc.

Dan
Old 05-06-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Totally [censored] fed up... my letter to Empire VIP re: SSN, etc

In the way back days of eaarlier this year, I tried to open an Empire account (before 2+2 and I knew about skins). I got some silly popup telling me I had an account or some such crap. Hmmm says me. Not me, I have 2 accounts - Party and Pokerstars, they've screwed this up; time to contact CS.

I'm still waiting for a response. I have my Party account as my only Party/skins account. Given the grief they have given people and lack of anything remotely resembling CUSTOMER service, I keep the balance low, play low limits, and never leave money in the account beyond the bonus $$. I think I have $25 there now.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 PM

unless i have it screwed up, it's because you have a party acct already.

They dont want people signing up with different skins. If you want an empire account as a 2nd party skin acct, you need to sign up on a "clean" computer (ie one which hasn't been used to sign up for a party skin previously). Some people go to an internet cafe to regsiter at a 2nd or 3rd skin. Or you can clean up the registry or some such files on your computer that give it away. Once signed up you can happily play both skins from your own PC (it's just the initial signing up for the 2nd Party/skin site that's quirky).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and correct me if I'm off base, but I think that's the case.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:22 PM

This matter cannot be resolved on the phone. Please call us."

Don't you just love customer Services
Old 05-06-2005, 03:30 PM

This is correct.

There seem to be more and more people freaking out about the 'we have detected you already have an account on our network' pop-up that is standard freaking stuff.

If you try to sign-up for empire but already have a party account then you are going to get this pop-up.
Everyone does. There is nothing unusual here. And it's been covered a tra-zillion times.

If you already have a party account and want to sign-up for an empire account you need to sufficiently clean your computer of the party evidence and do the regedit-trick....or just get on a different computer.
Again...this has been covered about a tra-zillion times.

The OP seems to have some issue with calling empire to straighten whatever it is out.
I agree that their inability to understand simple questions is frustrating....but I don't understand freaking out about it when they just ask you to call them.

Man...people are freaking out all over the place.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man...people are freaking out all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the sky is falling. WTF else are we supposed to do?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, the sky is falling. WTF else are we supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about . . . go have a beer and calm the [censored] down.

Just an idea . . . but better than most of the one's I've seen on this and your site with regard to the issue at hand.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 05-06-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the way back days of eaarlier this year, I tried to open an Empire account (before 2+2 and I knew about skins).

[/ QUOTE ]

This year? 2+2 knowing about skins?

This forum has known about skins for years.

outs
Old 05-06-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless i have it screwed up, it's because you have a party acct already.

They dont want people signing up with different skins. If you want an empire account as a 2nd party skin acct, you need to sign up on a "clean" computer (ie one which hasn't been used to sign up for a party skin previously). Some people go to an internet cafe to regsiter at a 2nd or 3rd skin. Or you can clean up the registry or some such files on your computer that give it away. Once signed up you can happily play both skins from your own PC (it's just the initial signing up for the 2nd Party/skin site that's quirky).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and correct me if I'm off base, but I think that's the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... I didn't articulate well. Empire is the one and only Party skin I have ever had.

Dan
Old 05-06-2005, 04:15 PM

you talk like they are some body of government or something, and somehow you have rights according to some constitution.

"BEFORE I CALL U GUYS U HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY I DID WRONG LOL!"