Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Prima 1/2 blind defence with J5s, is this worth it

I can see that decent players here think this is horrible, and I'm not a good enough player to argue with you, I can only say what I was thinking.

First he doesn't seem like a maniac to me, he is slightly looser and a little more aggressive postflop, his PFR number made me think he might raise with the same number of hands that I do myself. If he does raise with those same hands, then he has a pair of 3s or worse around 62.5% of the time. He has to call or raise the turn around 2/3rds of the time to prevent me making an automatic profit, so he needs to call or raise with half the hands he might play that flopped worse than a pair of 3s, I didn't think he would do that, I also didn't think his raise on the flop was anything more than automatic on his part after the preflop raise. I never tried anything like this before, and against either a looser or tighter player or a more passive player I would definitely fold preflop.

Anyway it most probably is as bad as you all say, but thanks for your thoughts.

Regards Mack