Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Default No limit cash games

Hey gents,
I mainly spend my time playing no limit tournaments, but over the last few weeks i have enjoyed greater success playing no limit cash/ring games.
i mainly play these games conservatively only really entering with solid values, however i was wondering if anyone could advice me on any books/sites/threads that i could read upon to adjust my general play from tournament poker to cash games so i can improve further.
I already have harrington's books and follow his conservative approach for cash games but am interested to find out what else might be useful.
Any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
Old 11-08-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: No limit cash games

Welcome! Start with the FAZQ in this forum. It is quite good. Also read the SSNL digests stickied to the top of the board. Then lurk for a while. There are a lot of hands posted and the posters here have many styles so you will see suggestions that should benefit your preferred playing style.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: No limit cash games

[ QUOTE ]
I mainly spend my time playing no limit tournaments, but over the last few weeks i have enjoyed greater success playing no limit cash/ring games.
i mainly play these games conservatively only really entering with solid values, however i was wondering if anyone could advice me on any books/sites/threads that i could read upon to adjust my general play from tournament poker to cash games so i can improve further.
I already have harrington's books and follow his conservative approach for cash games but am interested to find out what else might be useful.
Any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've read that the early rounds of an MTT play very much like a NL cash game. If you're familiar with HOH and HOH2, you're probably not far off.