Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-23-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: What should I do for a living?

[ QUOTE ]
wow you jealous assholes need to calm down. the guy is obviously very smart, and just lacking focus in his life. perhaps you all would be content sitting behind an office desk sucking your bosses dick for 80grand/yr but some people are looking for something more fulfilling.

[/ QUOTE ]

If work is what you are looking for to make your life fulfilling then you are going to be pretty unhappy. In the end work is still just [censored] work. Even pro athletes wake up some days and think "dam I don't want to go to work today."
Old 12-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Collin - definitely true, and something most people forget. But one spends so much time at work, it behooves them to at least find something that they might really enjoy.

-Al
Old 12-23-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Collin - definitely true, and something most people forget. But one spends so much time at work, it behooves them to at least find something that they might really enjoy.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt I completly agree and it appears with this guy's creditials he has a chance to find a job he truly likes but come on not many people in this world get to do exactly what they want to. So ultimate fulfillment has to and should come from other things like spouses and children and such.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:05 PM

you don't need ultimate fulfillment from your job but hopefully its moderately interesting to you or something you are doing aside from just earning money
Old 12-23-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I could be like, an announcer. Like a caller man. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to nitpick, but this should be 'color man'.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to be cocky

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late

[ QUOTE ]
or impress anyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mission accomplished on this one!
Old 12-23-2005, 03:18 PM

gold jerry. gold!
Old 12-23-2005, 03:21 PM

If I was you dude I would try to get a job in sports like a statistican. I know ESPN employs alot people that look up stats and keep stats for them. Same with all the major sports leagues. I am sure these jobs are not easy to get but I would think they would be pretty cool.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think about a lot in your spare time?...Whatever it is, you can probably come up with some way to make money at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's like 22. You just told him to become a man whore.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, yeah, I suppose I did. Well, he can come up with mathematical models to improve his success rates with the ladies, and then he can market them to his fellow math nerds.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know me and a lot of other people would have killed for that kind of education and credentials...Why the hell did you blow that kind of money (or the parents money) on that degree there if you dont know what you want to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

this attitude really pisses me off - education is not job preparation. there's something to be said for learning for learning's sake, studying what you find interesting, and picking up some good critical reasoning skills and work habits along the way.

college is not about learning skills for a job, its about becoming more mature intellectually. i bet you were one of those people who majored in business and didn't nderstand why they'd make you take any classes outside the department, and dreaded filling all your liberal arts requirements.

</rant>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually im one of those guys that had to support himself at an early age and wasnt able to go to college. I know that makes me inferior to you.

Hello Mr. IBM executive, I don't have a college education but I am very mature for under 30 and have picked up some very good critical reasoning skills and work habits. Please hire me for $100,000.00 a year....please.

You want to know what I hate....people that take opportunity for granted. Some of us havent been so lucky as to be spoon fed a backup plan in life....such as an ivey league....or any college education.

And IMHO the only thing a degree is good for is job training and credentials. Try getting a good job without one.

Sorry if I seem heated up on this issue, but the college thing hits home for me....for others in the same situation im sure it hits home to them as well.