Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-03-2005, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Maniac to your left.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder... what was his screenname?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remenber, it was on Ladbrokes.
(I don't think they alow americans)
Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 AM

oh okay. Curious because I have played alot of 10r&a lately, but on Stars.

Is Ladbrokes good?
(Im also Swed)
Old 12-03-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can do a search for threads on playing the rebuy hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll do that
[ QUOTE ]
You should take a stand with hands you might consider folding when you can't rebuy- you know he is

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, here is a common situation.
I'm SB with KTs, it is folded to me. I raise 4*BB, He re-raise the pot(!) I re-re-raise, he goes all-in. He did that all the time! He Could have 32o or Ax. I wouldn't risk the whole tourney with a KTs.
What whould you(or anyone else) do here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he actually does this with 23o, why would you do anything other than call?

If you don't want him to put you all in, don't re-reraise him.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:01 AM

Default To Rickyroodido

It's ok, I think I like Stars better.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:07 AM

My point is, it is impossible to know, he could have 32o or AKs. And he would put me allin on a later street if I don't show aggression.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is, it is impossible to know, he could have 32o or AKs. And he would put me allin on a later street if I don't show aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good candidate for showing some weakness by calling and playing postflop with him. If the flop hits your hand hard you could be in good shape to take his whole stack. If you think his range really is that wide how can you consider not playing with him?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you think his range really is that wide how can you consider not playing with him?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why I post here is to get other peoples perspective, so tnx.

Note, this is just a fictive hand, just to give an example of how he played. But it is pretty authentic.

[ QUOTE ]

This is a good candidate for showing some weakness by calling and playing postflop with him. If the flop hits your hand hard you could be in good shape to take his whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is why I would be afraid to call.

What is the chance that the flop will hit me hard? 1:4, 1:5, 1:10? Is top pair with this hand a candidate for an allin? Is a st8 or/and a flush draw?
Remember, he had a massive chip lead.

This type of players are a blessing in cash games but they are very dangerous in tourneys.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you handle those players?

[/ QUOTE ]

All the Q&A seems to be focused on preflop. Is the maniax a maniac all the time? Or is he a wildman preflop and then go to more tight/aggressive as the board fills?

Also, how does he bet? Is it open after open after open? Constant or mandatory reraise? Does he ever check-raise? How does he respond to check-raises?

If he is a wildman all the time, then I would want to see some flops relatively cheaply with a decent range of hands and then start check-raising when the flop hits me. If the maniac starts cold calling when you check raise, then you have probably done what you wanted, which is to make him a little more predictable.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:32 PM

Obviously he cant have a real hand more than a small fraction of the times he makes fat bets. So play back at him. Limp raise him. Semi bluff your draws with big checkraises. Etc etc. With a guy like this you cant sit and wait to hit your hand before you put chips in the pot. You're going to have to put a bunch of chips in with nothing or a mediocre hand sometimes to put him in his place. You'd be surprise how fast he starts behaving if you start putting HIM to decisions for a change.

Have fun with it.

Everett