Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-30-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Question on \'minning\'

I'm sorry, but I've read a lot of threads on 'minning' but I never understand how to actually do it. Is this possible manually without any software, or must I have software to mine hands?

Thanks, sorry if this question has been many times!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Question on \'minning\'

You can use Pokertracker to datamine Party. Open the maximum number of tables (10), observe them and Pokertracker will add the observed hands to your database (or to another database .... you can choose where PT stores these hands).

Then you just keep the tables open and let PT collect observed hands ( = stats on your opponents).
Old 12-01-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Open the maximum number of tables (10)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually mine a lot more than this at once. Just highlite the PP icon and start hitting enter really fast. You can log in to the first one, but on the others cancel the login. You can open 10 tables on the one you are logged into, and 4 each on the others. I just sort numerically so I can be sure to get different tables with each instance of Party. My max so far was 116 tables (all Party 3/6 full and 1/2 6-max at the time) using 2 or 3 different Windows XP accounts with a ton of tables each. Be sure you set the time between imports in PT to something long, like 30 minutes or an hour.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Open the maximum number of tables (10)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually mine a lot more than this at once. Just highlite the PP icon and start hitting enter really fast. You can log in to the first one, but on the others cancel the login. You can open 10 tables on the one you are logged into, and 4 each on the others. I just sort numerically so I can be sure to get different tables with each instance of Party. My max so far was 116 tables (all Party 3/6 full and 1/2 6-max at the time) using 2 or 3 different Windows XP accounts with a ton of tables each. Be sure you set the time between imports in PT to something long, like 30 minutes or an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's actually better to set the timer to something short. If the timer goes off in the middle of an import, it just resets the timer and waits for the next one. So if you set it to something really big, then your possibly just wasting CPU time between when it finishes and when the next import starts.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's actually better to set the timer to something short.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely not. There's a certain amount of fixed-cost for each import, as well as the marginal cost of each hand. In other words, it's faster to import 10 hands for one table than to import 5 hands for that table twice.

This is why, playing on slow machines, it helps to decrease the import time from 1min to 3. If the import worked as you suggest, anybody who lags with 1min-imports is just screwed.
-Sam
Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 PM

On a decent PC you can figure on an import rate between 140 and 180 hands per minute depending on how many files are feeding hands to PT.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the timer goes off in the middle of an import, it just resets the timer and waits for the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was under the impression that this was not the case. I've been in a habit of setting long times between imports ever since I started using PT because my old computer (that I used until a couple of weeks ago) did not update time stamps and was horribly slow anyway. I thought that if the timer fired in the middle of an import that it would attempt to start importing and basically never finish since the timer would inevitably fire again first.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that if the timer fired in the middle of an import that it would attempt to start importing and basically never finish since the timer would inevitably fire again first.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it says something like "An import is already in progress" and skips it.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that if the timer fired in the middle of an import that it would attempt to start importing and basically never finish since the timer would inevitably fire again first.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it says something like "An import is already in progress" and skips it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn something new everyday... Not sure why I thought that.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM

Do you use PartyMine for this? Is it worth doing this with PartyMine for its price, and how many tables do you think can be mined on a 550 mhz comp?