Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 10:26 PM

Default 3/6 Table Standards

Just started playing 3/6. I seem to have a very hard time finding a table that is not full of TAG's. What do you look for as far as VPIP? I'm use to easily finding tables over 30% at 2/4. At 3/6 I guess seat choice is everything? Or at least a lot more important
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Table Standards

Tables in the VP$IP 25-30 range are not that rare. You just have to look a bit harder than at 2/4.

Also, having position on an extremely loose player (VP$IP > 50) can be very profitable even if the table average is low. Add these guys to your buddy list when you find them.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:35 PM

Thanks. I need to start using the buddy list more. God knows I am on enough of them.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tables in the VP$IP 25-30 range are not that rare. You just have to look a bit harder than at 2/4.

Also, having position on an extremely loose player (VP$IP > 50) can be very profitable even if the table average is low. Add these guys to your buddy list when you find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

problem is when you put yourself on the wait list your'e obviously not going to be guaranteed a spot left to the chump. i guess luck of the draw? when the waiting list has 10 people and you're up next you can't just wait around until a better spot comes up.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:35 AM

Just because they have TAG vpip doesn't mean they play well postflop. Also try to find a seat to the right of two rocks that you can push around and blind steal all day long.