Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Folding for 1 bet in a MONSTER pot? (40bb final)

I cant figure out what im ahead of on this turn, not sure if the line is to call one and fold to a raise/3bet. Preflop raiser is 30/18. To be honest i doubt im even ahead on this flop. One of the biggest 3/6 pots ive seen though, pretty interesting.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (32 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 40 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Folding for 1 bet in a MONSTER pot? (40bb final)

Although you are technically folding for a single bet on the turn here, it is EXTREMELY likely that the pot will be raised at least once before it gets back to you. On the flop, 4 different players put in bets/raises, and the only likely holdings for these players which you might beat are lower aces (quite unlikely), or straight-draws. Regardless, you can't expect all of your opponents to be on these hands, and are almost certainly behind here. Therefore, I don't think you can afford to get yourself trapped into calling down with an inferior hand here.

Good fold.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM

CO's flop line is terrifying. you almost certainly don't have the best hand, and you have no real draws, and it is very likely that CO raises the turn behind you. I like the fold, right where you made it.

I'm not sure I like that flop line out of position. I think I may have donked into the PFR on that flop -- especially if he is aggro postflop (which 30/18 I would assume he is), but I'm not sure about that line either. I'd like to hear what others think about the flop.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:55 PM

The Co seems to either have trips or a flush made on the turn, right?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:16 PM

Easy fold I think. I would have 3-bet PF too.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold I think. I would have 3-bet PF too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. For value, and to see if MP caps it.
Anyone find a fold on the flop when it's 2 back to you?
It's not clear we have that many clean outs that don't lead to redraws and such..
Without a flush draw I don't see top pair doing that well with 5 people and at least 2 of them that like their hands.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may have donked into the PFR on that flop -- especially if he is aggro postflop (which 30/18 I would assume he is)

[/ QUOTE ]

I also would have bet into the PFR on this flop but am unsure as well.

Lozing
Old 10-12-2005, 04:25 PM

i think u have to call just cuz of your 2 backdoors
Old 10-12-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u have to call just cuz of your 2 backdoors

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, if everyone calls which seems likely you are getting 30-2.

(re: calling the flop cap)