Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Too Weak?

Can I find a raise anywhere?

Also not sure about the preflop call, but I tend to be weak defending the BB.

No real reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (11.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB
Old 09-01-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Too Weak?

I generally underdefend my blinds, but I'm definitely not calling with the Q8o. The two other callers indicate that others have decent hands, and even if you do hit a hand, (which you did), it's very difficult to know where you are.

Given the preflop call, I think you have to bet out on the flop, just so you have SOME indication of where your hand stands. With the flop call, you've pretty well cornered yourself into folding or calling down the entire way, which isn't a great situation here.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Too Weak?

I dont think this counts as Defending the Blind. If you are going to play it you can cr the flop, and then decide from there what to do.

C-Dog