Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 11:46 PM

Default my \"bust this MF\" comment

A whole lot of what i did and said rubbed many people the wrong way... if i could do it all over again, no i wouldnt say what i said the way i said it... everyone reacted that it was direct profanity towards greg, i must say that it was not... Throughout the final table, i sensed that david was happy with what he had accomplished and didnt understand the importance in being "World Champion", i was trying to light a fire inside of him by giving him my version of a Vince Lombardi speach [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (damn i say things SO wrong sometimes)... if i had it to do over, i would say the same thing using different words... i had lost my battle with greg, i felt as if either him or I would win the tournament, and david was my final hope for doing my duty of knocking greg out... well anyway.. i hope you understand and i look forward to making more tv appearances so i can show the world that i am not THAT bad and that i am just a very competative person
Josh A
Old 09-23-2004, 11:54 PM

Default Re: my \"bust this MF\" comment

Hey josh,

I don't have TV so I don't know how big of a jerk you may or may not have looked like.

However I do know your sister Shuli and I wonder if you'd tell her Dave Collins said hi, how are you, etc.

(I guess it's kind of ironic, using a famous person to contact an unkown person and not vice versa, but I didn't get a chance to say peace before she left MA and I wouldn't know how to get in touch.)

Anyway, best of luck to you.

NT
Old 09-23-2004, 11:56 PM

I think you should market yourself as the young, brash, "bad boy" of poker.

Start riding a harley into final tables, that sort of thing. There's money to made there!!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should market yourself as the young, brash, "bad boy" of poker.

Start riding a harley into final tables, that sort of thing. There's money to made there!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, think Pro-wrestling. You should contact Jerry Lawler and ask him what strategies Andy Kaufmann used to become a Pro-wrestling "bad guy."
Old 09-28-2004, 06:59 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.

Comments like this are what's encouraging ESPN's dog and pony show of poor coverage
Old 10-24-2004, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just write off your response since you're canadian.
You're forgiven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was nice of you. I hope your mother was in the building that was hit on 9/11.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:41 PM

whoever runs this forum - if this guy isnt booted permanently theres something wrong
probably the worst post ive ever read - makes me sick that hes a human being
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM

I am with you Jong... is this forum to test the boundaries of freedom of speech or are they actually moderated for basic human decency??? horrific acts of mass murder are off limits.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:02 AM

After seeing evidence of some of the outright fabrications the ESPN Entertainment people have shown in the WSOP, I really have to wonder why anyone is judging you from what they saw on TV.

A guy could have only a couple heated moments over a week, but be made to look like an idiot on TV.

Well, at least you got paid for the week!

Have fun,
Old 09-24-2004, 12:06 AM

I saw nothing at all wrong with the comment. Maybe it's because I come from the mean streets of Detroit or something, but just because he used the word didn't mean Josh was literally calling Greg a MFer. If he had said "go get him tiger" or something similarly innocuous no one would have had a problem, and it seemed obvious to me that it was intended in that vein.

I think what bugged people more was the AJ hand and the like and we've all been over that a million times yadda yadda. Nice to see you posting here Josh and I hope we can talk some poker.