Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Default continue to push?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.5/$1), Ante $0.25 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

While playing this I was worried that villian could have a boat. I figured him for at least one hidden jack and that left two 4's and another Jack unaccounted for (until 6th when I hit a 4).
Looking at the hand now, I see his 4th street call probably indicates he doesn't yet have two pair/trips. Would you have pushed 5th/6th street with aces up and live outs to a boat? What about 3rd street?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: continue to push?

at .50/1 i cap this all the way. he's betting his high hard in the hopes that you won't make your appearent low for half the pot. I reraise 5th, raise 6th, and, of course, bet on the end. there's nothing better than being in a hand where you have a good high hand that looks loke a low hand (usually involves aces) and the other guy has a lesser high hand and is trying to bet you out of the pot. SCOOP!

next, i move up to the 1/2 game, at least, to escape that horrific ante structure.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:54 PM

I would raise his bets. It looks like he might have had a bigger pair in the whole, or just overplayed JJ. His call on 4th does make it unlikely that he has anything but a pair. I think you prolly coulda taken it down without the last ace but I dunno. I am sure Andy will chime in with some better advice than what I could give you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Can you guys start putting the game and limit for the hand?

I don't want to start a new thread about this, but I'm on a shi**y dial up connection, and it would help if we knew the stakes and game before clicking on the thread.

For example:

In trouble with a big pair: Party 3/6 Stud Hi
Old 04-10-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Can you guys start putting the game and limit for the hand?

dial up? yeeechh!

surely you can play a couple more hours a month and get cable with the winnings? i will never go back.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:16 AM

When the low card brings it in for a full bet, I make it two bets with your hand right away. This is an excellent starting hand, but it's a little better heads-up than multi-way. Also, with the over-ante, it's worth thinning the field if possible. If you get seventeen people in for a cap, that's OK too. It's definitely worth jamming on third street.

Of course you bet fourth. Fifth is interesting. This guy capped on third, but only called on fourth. Now he's three-betting. All this with a dead Jack in the door. Not knowing anything about him, I'm guessing that he thinks his two pair is good. The only thing that really makes sense is Jacks full, and even there, with rolled-up Jacks he should probably have raised fourth to put pressure on the low hands. Maybe he has J4 down. This being Party, it's more likely that he's not really thinking. I mean, you're probably not raising your low draw when you just caught a Ten. I would put you on Aces-up. Can't really blame you for slowing down, but I would probably cap it and see what happens on sixth.

Nice catch on the river. Apparently the other guy wasn't full, so he clearly over-played his hand. Can't imagine what the other guy was on.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:39 PM

thanks for the analysis guys.

Villain started with a (KJ)J to end with jacks up. I scooped.