Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2003, 04:56 PM

Default Two hands - your thoughts please

1st hand - $6 - 12 game at the Mirage. Table is loose passive. I open raise with Q's two before the button. The button, SB and 2 others call.

Flop come 9s Qh 9h. It checks around.

Turn is the 5d. SB bets out, two folds, I call (the button was short stacked and already counting out chips for a raise,) Button raises, SB re-raises, I raise, button caps all-in.

River is the Kh. Sb bets out, I raise, she re-raises? At this point I cannot put her on K's full because of the action of the turn and I also can't put her on the straight flush because of the action on the turn. My only fear is quad 9's which was a legitamate hand to call the pre-flop raise with. I wuss and only call.

My Q's full was good over her 9's full of Q's and the button's 9's full of K's. This is a would of, could of, should of hand in my opinion...did I do the right thing by slowing down or should I of kept gunning?

2nd hand - $15 - 30 at the Bellagio. Game is tight aggressive. No one ever seemed to come in from late position without a raise and usually with decent cards but not always excellent cards. I pick up AQs clubs in the BB. Two limpers to the CO (local player who fancied his play a bit above the rest of us tourists but has recently taken a couple of medicore beats and is steaming a bit.) The SB, myself, and one of the limpers call.

Flop comes A 7 4 all diamonds. Checked to CO who bets and myself and the MP call.

Turn was the 10h. Checked to CO who makes a big production about betting someones diamonds for them....I take the opportunity to raise and beat the CO's chips into the pot. The MP calls $9 all-in. CO flashes his cards to the players on both sides of him and mumbles about tourist calling stations drawing out on him all the time and mucks AKo face up.

I flipped over my cards and said "pair of Aces with a Queen kicker" the MP asked the dealer for another dimond and showed the K of diamonds for the nut flush draw. The river was black and I won.

What are everyone's thoughts on these plays? What could of or should I have done differently?