Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Counterfeited by the turn, hit my draw on the river

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero ?

How much value have I got here? Dead to any Ace, possibly dead to the flush the whole way, is this even a call against 2 opponents? Anybody find a raise here?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Counterfeited by the turn, hit my draw on the river

is there a reason you thought Q9 off suit was a good hand to play in the button?

editted because whether it was Q9 or Q8, the question remains the same [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 12:12 PM

Dude. Please. It was Q9o!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much value have I got here?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least as much as when you limped preflop with Q9o.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:22 PM

I don't like the pf play. Flop, I'd play the same. You are open ended, yes there is a flush draw on the board, but that doesn't mean there is a flush out there. If you were looking for a raise, it would be on the turn, folding to a reraise. You just improved to top pair, MP1 could very well have been betting his pair of jacks or tens to this point. However, looking at it again, you are last to act and I don't think you have any fold equity here. So, no I wouldn't raise the turn.
River, I think you are no good here against two people, but I make the crying call expecting to lose.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:32 PM

Why would we be raising for fold equity? MP1 bet out on the flop which was jack high and 3-flush. He could have the flush or flush draw, a pair of jacks or tens, or a straight draw. I'm raising the turn because I figure I have the best hand until I am given reason to suspect otherwise. Not to mention that Hero has a redraw to a better hand.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so I loosened up a bit on the button after a handful of limpers - point taken, get over it.

Any thoughts on the post flop action?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so I loosened up a bit on the button after a handful of limpers - point taken, get over it.

Any thoughts on the post flop action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. You didn't ask about the turn, but I'd raise. Represent the made straight or flush, and try to take it down there, or see who bites. If 3-bet, call and fold the river UI. Either way, it'll change the texture of the river.

The way you played it, you have to call the river. You made your hand (if you were playing just for the 8, you didn't have the odds to call the turn), you're closing the action, and it's one bet to you in a good-sized pot.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:43 PM

you should fold the flop. you're down to 6 outs and that's if there isn't a flush already, so you're not getting odds to call down with your outs.

since you've loosened up (as you noted) preflop with a call, you might as well loosen up on the river too and call with your ass-end straight.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:52 PM

I think I fold the turn. At the very best, you have only 6 outs (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are not outs). On top of that, you may be drawing dead to the flush, and with that Q falling, you may be drawing to chop. Six outs is pretty optimistic. Your pot odds are 6.5:1, and hitting a 6 outer is 6.67:1. I guess you might make up one extra BB on the river if he bets into you again and you call and win, but you're on the hairy edge if you give yourself the most optimistic number of outs. Folding is better in this small pot.

The flop call is more OK because you're getting better odds and not likely to chop at that point. Even then, you're getting 8:1 (good for 5 outs) not closing the action and there's a chance that you're drawing dead, or that a fourth diamond falls after you hit your draw. I guess it's marginal, but I wouldn't feel too happy about doing it.