Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved.

Assuming that seat 3 is going to call 3rd & 4th,you get 6 to 1 on 3rd,which pretty much propels you into a call on 4th,getting 9 to 1 at that point.So,looking at the 2 streets together,you're getting 4 to 1 on the 3rd/4th combo,which looks like a pretty reasonable shot with this hand,imo.I believe it's right to call 3rd,intending to also call 4th,unless something unexpected happens.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:28 AM

I think you overplayed 3rd completely. I would've mucked it without too much consideration. Why even call the B.I. when one of your 9's are dead? I'm lost here. You're just setting yourself up for a big chase situation. Not wise IMO...

Knoll
Old 12-25-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you overplayed 3rd completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I did? By completing and then simply calling one bet back to me?

[ QUOTE ]
I would've mucked it without too much consideration. Why even call the B.I. when one of your 9's are dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because a few people have folded and theres only one overcard behind me.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost here. You're just setting yourself up for a big chase situation. Not wise IMO...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're lost its probably due to the fact that you have 60 posts. That and that you likely didnt bother to read the reasoning I gave or the responses of others. Perhaps you should have some more experience playing stud and posting about it before you tell me that I "overplayed something completely" and that it "wasnt wise"?

Mike Emery
Old 12-25-2005, 10:34 AM

Ok fine, keep on checking hands when you fear your opponent is rolled up and I'll keep on betting my hands.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:46 PM

At lower limits, I am about as aggressive as it gets. But my hand reading would have had me back off on sixth or not bet on seventh. But it does depend on opponent and his perception of you, of course.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're lost its probably due to the fact that you have 60 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does the number of posts I've made determine whether or not I'm a successful Stud player? Is it due to the date when I found out about this site or when I started playing the game? Hmmm...

[ QUOTE ]
lol. I did? By completing and then simply calling one bet back to me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, exactly by doing so. Completing was wrong and calling was wrong = Overplay.

[ QUOTE ]
Because a few people have folded and theres only one overcard behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love when people rationalize poor play. "Because this or because that", always an excuse.

By the Way, you did title this thread as "20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved." Well you got what you deserved, now take it like a man and not a whinning baby.

Not My Opinion, Just Fact!
Knoll
Old 12-26-2005, 09:30 PM

Hi,

[ QUOTE ]
How does the number of posts I've made determine whether or not I'm a successful Stud player?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I have only something like 500 or so, but I have been posting and playing for years and years. Hell, give me an opponent that has 5000 posts and you bet I will teach him a thing or two about this game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CJ

Disclaimer - Stud games only.. FLop games aren't my specialty................ yet.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're lost its probably due to the fact that you have 60 posts. That and that you likely didnt bother to read the reasoning I gave or the responses of others. Perhaps you should have some more experience playing stud and posting about it before you tell me that I "overplayed something completely" and that it "wasnt wise"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised so many people have your back on this forum. Sometimes you really come off like a prickish egomaniac.

- Mac
Old 12-26-2005, 10:19 PM

Whaddya got against prickish egomaniacs?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, give me an opponent that has 5000 posts and you bet I will teach him a thing or two about this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread