Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-21-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Averge BB/hr rate for a \"good\" player- $2/4 limit games???

anybody could make 3bb/100 over 10k hands...can you do it over 75k or 100k though.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:11 AM

I think the question is so different to answer since "good" player is so relative. I assume I would beat 2/4 with 4-5BB/100 if I would be playing it now, yet I would be crushed at a table consisting of the best 2+2'ers, so I am not that good anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Still a player who beats 2/4 with 2BB/100 is good IMO, since understanding poker is necessary to do that.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your beating any online limit game for 2.0bb/100 your doing just fine. Anything above that, and I question why your not moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're spending every penny of your profit, the answer usually isn't bankroll. However, risk Vs. reward is often a very good answer.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:51 AM

3BB+/100 is totally possible online at lower stakes over huge sample sizes (100K+) - it takes allot of discipline though and I am not convinced you could make over 3BB if you are playing more than a couple tables (maybe this is just me though, I play 5/10 - 10/20 (all 6 max) and have found I can maintain 2.5+ bb/100 if I am playing 1-2 tables, more than that and my win rate suffers - however it could just be me and slow brain not being able to apply reads to multiple tables).....AF
Old 12-21-2005, 11:31 AM

No one who is a great player will ever play enough 2/4 hands to be especially sure of his long term win rate. It also varies alot with the rake, you can probably make 0.5-0.75BB/100 more on Stars than on PokerRoom due to the difference in rake alone.

If you're grinding your way up the limits here is the rule of thumb I use: At the end of the month I withdraw half my winnings and all my rakeback and bonus money. This has so far let me climb the limits about as fast as my poker skill has grown.*

*) A month is 60,000 hands long for me.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 AM

it sounds like youre asking if youd be able to beat 2/4 for upwards of 2BB/100 with your knowledge of the game. from an honest perspective from how you sound i dont find it likely. a very good player who could beat much higher games might make 3BB/100. its hard to say. rake is a huge element at this level.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering what a "good, solid" player would be making on the $2/4 limit tables online?

When I say good I mean has a solid understanding and implimentation of the basics- starting hand slection, pot/implied odds, good post-flop play, etc.

(BTW I'm not at the above stage yet- hence me being interested in a typical BB/hr rate for someone has has the fundamentals down.

Would 2BB/hr be unrealistic? Is it likely to be more or less.

I know "it depends...." but if 0.0002BB/hr is too low and 50,0000BB/hr is too high- what are typical values???

Many thanks,
Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

4BB/100 if clearing bonus at same time which at 2-4 only makes sense
Old 12-21-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a truely great player could probably make 3bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 3bb/100 at 2/4 doesn't even make you a "good" player, let alone a "great" one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what is it that you are implying, Equal. I'd be surprised if you could find very many limit players who are maintaining a winrate of 3BB/100 (even at 2/4) over any sustained period of time.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a truely great player could probably make 3bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 3bb/100 at 2/4 doesn't even make you a "good" player, let alone a "great" one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what is it that you are implying, Equal. I'd be surprised if you could find very many limit players who are maintaining a winrate of 3BB/100 (even at 2/4) over any sustained period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Late last year and 1st part of this year my w/r at 2/4 was hovering around 3/100. It's now slipped to 2.25/100. Ofcourse the more hands I get, the closer I may be getting to my true w/r. But the 2/4 games are noticeably different now.

Thats not to say they are "tough" but they are tighter. 2 years ago when I was beating the .50/1 for 4/100, I MIGHT have been able to get close to that at 2/4 at THAT time.

I guess the point of this ramble is, I think some players who made their way through the micro's and low limit 2-3 years ago, have a warped sense of what 2/4 is actually like now.

Still very beatable and profitable. But as opposed to having 2-3 players calling you down with hopeless hands, now it might be 1 every now again. That has a big impact on the 2/100 - 3 or 4/100 w/r.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:34 PM

Years ago when I first started playing my rate at live $2/4 was a few pennies short of 3bb/hr for a significant period of time. I played about 2000 hours of $2/4 before I started moving up.

When online poker came about I did a little better than 3bb/100 playing one game at a time.

I just took a look at this years PT database. I have 47,000 hands of $2/4; winning 1.99 bb/100. Nearly all of those hands are on the Party jackpot tables, playing mostly two or three and sometimes four games at a time. That figure does not include $7900 won by being seated at two games that hit jackpots.

As for being "good", I'll say that I consider myself a $10/20 player. I haven't played much above that level because I ... well ... I kind of like not having to dance around several players in the game who might be quite a bit better than I am. To me, $10/20 is still fun; $20/40, while I have no doubt I could make a little more money, is more stressful than I like.