Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-06-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Embarrassed by how I played this AKs

I know this ia a pretty straight forward hand, but feedback will be apreciated anyway.

Seems like I should have check/called the turn and check/folded the river????? Any opinions????

Do I cap this pre-flop w/AKs? If I had I might have been able to get BB to fold.

Thanks in advance.

Results in white below.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

<font color="white">BB had 55 for 2 pair 5's and 4's</font>
Old 07-06-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Embarrassed by how I played this AKs

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like I should have check/called the turn and check/folded the river?????

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]

Do I cap this pre-flop w/AKs?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]

If I had I might have been able to get BB to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

doubtful
Old 07-06-2005, 09:58 AM

yes, cap that preflop.

I thought the flop was fine... if I think EP players are fishy and will call two cold and then check the turn I might raise here.

the turn is fine I think, but part of the reason that you're betting this turn is to gain control of the pot, so hopefully your opponents will check to you on the river. Here you only have A high. AQ and busted flush draws are not going to call you but pairs probably will. check the river through.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:00 AM

Yes, cap this preflop. Raise the flop, there's a good chance you have the best hand and you have lots of outs if you don't. I think the turn bet is ok, given the action so far you may have the best hand, but I'd usually take the free card. When you get to the river, definitely take a free showdown. A better hand is never folding, especially on this board.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM

I check the river. And raising this flop is a must.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM

With the preflop 3 bets I'm putting someone on a medium to high pocket pair but I would have capped.

I'm raising the flop with the NFD and I don't believe anyone has a 4, and if they have pocket 8's more power to them.

Turn, fine.

River I'd check/call looking to see two pair somewhere.

~
Old 07-06-2005, 11:07 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

cap pf. raise the flop(if not pumping for value, for a free card, hell for all of the above and more). and take the infinite odds when given, check the turn.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:09 AM

1. cap this preflop... you have position, and it is suited

2. raise the flop for value... you have 9 outs to a likely winner, and 6 overcards that could be good given this board.

3. between being 4:1 to make the flush on the next card, and the possibility that you may be cleaning up some outs like getting an AQ to fold, the turn bet is thin for value but okay generally.

4. i check the river 100% of the time here. if you are betting these rivers in multiway pots against opponents who have consistently been calling down in the face of your aggression, you have a leak. bob ciaffone has the right view on AK unimproved... it's basically a bluff catcher hand.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:11 AM

I don't cap this pf, play it like you did.
I'm raising the flop with the nut flush draw.
Taking the free card on the turn.
River all depends on where the bet comes from (if it happens), if no bet I'm checking it through for the free showdown.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:20 AM

I think your call pf is acceptable although a raise seems better unless you have reads. I think you should DEFINITELY raise the flop! You have as much as 15 outs here in a big pot. You want to maximize your chance of winning instead of keeping people in. If it was a small pot, I understand the call. After raising flop, bet the turn. Theres a chance your AK high is still boss. For sure DON'T BET THE RIVER. A better hand will never fold here.