Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: 87 river plan

I think I like bet and hope MP either calls or raises and button calls or cold-calls. If I bet and it's 2 more back to me then I really cringe. That's the only possibility that makes me even consider check-call here.

I guess if you've got a bit of a read on MP here you can go for the c/r. For instance if he will continue to bet the straight or other hand you beat and particularly if he just calls sometimes with a hand that beats you after you c/r.

I dunno dude. Close. I think I like bet/call.

NT
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 AM

I didn't want to read the other posts when I saw that raise you made on the flop. Wise up, or leave poker in a body bag.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:00 AM

Check-raise and call a 3-bet. Stop-n-going on this river will slow AK down all the time. A5 also knows it just got counterfeited. But checking will induce many hands to bet, and 55 might even 3-bet your c/r. Most hands will cry and call your c/r, knowing they're beat. But I think you can get 2BBs in, possibly from both players given that MP is the likely one to bet. If Button was the aggressor, I'd bet to trap MP in between. But given your position, I like the c/r.

BTW, I like the other three streets. If MP has 88 or AA, he can bite me.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I check and call here if MP seems decent.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to be that afraid of AA then you shouldn't be calling the turn 3-bet.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I check and call here if MP seems decent.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to be that afraid of AA then you shouldn't be calling the turn 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? To put in a checkraise on the river you need to be good 2/3 of the time or more. To call down the turn 3bet you need to be good much less often. I'm saying I think you're good a bit less than 2/3 of the time.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying I think you're good a bit less than 2/3 of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I'm saying that if your hand is only good 2/3 of the time when you catch your 7, then you're not getting the odds to draw on the turn. I might actually run the math tomorrow morning to be sure, but I'm fairly certain calling down is bad if you think you're that far behind.

And btw, I think there are too many suited A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hands that will be 3-betting that turn to think you're that far behind.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:00 AM

Go for the check-raise. Your hand is so well disguised, plus it sure looks like button has been calling down an A since the flop. Squeeze him for another bet and hope you sucked out on 55.

Would MP 3-bet preflop with that hand?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:41 PM

Something that hasn't been brought up yet. What do your opponents put you on here?

I don't think anybody's got you on a boat. AK, AQ or big pair. Button, of course, is probably not thinking about it. How does that change our thinking about opponents' betting?

I think you're ahead of both players a very high percentage of the time here. Bet/3-bet, I think, unless you think you'll get a c/r in.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Only read a couple of the responses so far, but I come out betting the river, calling one back to me. Of course, there is no way I play 20/40 (more like 2/4 and 3/6 sometimes), so for what it's worth I don't want to miss bets on this river and would feel uncomfortable getting 3-bet, so I lead the river.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:12 PM

To me, MP3's 3-bet of CDC's bet-check/raise line indicates a real powerhouse (especially after going for overcalls on the flop after 3-betting pf). MP3 3-bet pre-flop and this doesn't seem consistent with any hand we beat. The position of the donators also needs to be taken into account, as it is much more likely they'll call 1 bet, rather than 2.

With the donators to act after MP, I don't want to face them with 2-cold the first time around, at least. So I think you need to start this river with a check. As for raising, I don't think I would raise here, as the hands i'd put MP on crush CDC's baby full. Unless MP would 3-bet for a free showdown, then I think it's closer as I doubt true donators would call 1 and fold for 1 more if MP doesn't 3-bet.

So, I weaksauce and check-call.

-d