Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 06-30-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: call this?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what I was thinking in this hand, the only street I stand by is the flop. Definately agree with 3betting the turn, in hindsight.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Too many beers?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Generally the higher your flush draw the more inclined you should be to bet it. With a nut or K-high flush draw, you can also win when you pair your overcard. Here, you have virtually the nut low unless you make a flush, and 2 opponents is exactly the number I don't want to bet against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this principle, but isn't this situation different, since hero has bottom pair? So he has a better chance of having the best hand now, and he has some extra non-flush outs to improve if he's currently behind. I like the flop bet here.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:41 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

I agree with this principle, but isn't this situation different, since hero has bottom pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. I TOTALLY MISSED that he has bottom pair. I thought he had the virtual nut low. Yes, this definitely changes everything knowing he has a pair -- possibly the best hand. Forget everything I said about not betting the flop; it's a standard value bet.