Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 04:11 PM

Default bottomset, was it overplayed?

and of course, I want other opinions too (bum-bum-crash)

first orbit, so no reads [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (26 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 35 BB
Old 08-12-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: bottomset, was it overplayed?

I propably just call it down after UTG 3bets it on the turn. It's likely that you are against 2 pair and you are stilla head though.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:15 PM

What sort of hand do you think UTG would just call on the flop with and wake up on the turn when a blank falls? I think I just call the river bet. You've clearly represented a monster and utg has told you he doesn't care. If you raise the river you have to just call the 3-bet.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I propably just call it down after UTG 3bets it on the turn. It's likely that you are against 2 pair and you are stilla head though.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what I was thinking... most likely hand I put him on was turned ragged 2 pair, caught middleset, or slowplayed set-o-9's
Old 08-12-2005, 04:21 PM

Congratulations, you won the raising war.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Err, then with five people still in at the turn it is imperative that you continue jamming. You may be behind a bigger set a portion of the time -- but not more than 80% of the time. Someone probably has a flush draw, and someone probably has a straight draw, and UTG seems to like that 7 (which is good -- A7/97/72 seem much more likely than 77). I have seen some people play 99 or AA like this, though (ugh). I would figure someone with a monstar would checkraise the turn if they have a case of FPS.

Eh, even the river raise/cap is not terrible (although it is much closer), due to the turn action and hand distribution. Every raise he throws in increases the likelihood that you are pwned. There may be a case for going for a river overcall, as the likelihood of Button beating you and just calling is roughly zero, whereas a reraise from UTG would be no fun.

-K
Old 08-12-2005, 04:44 PM

*grunch*

I'm a little bit concerned when UTG wakes up on the turn and won't back down, but you've got 2 extra callers, so this is a must cap. on the river after UTG 3bets and it's HU I just call, but this is minor.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:47 PM

On the turn I only see 4 people, but it says "5 players".

Anyways I would still cap the turn with so many people still in. However, UTG doesn't seem to care about your turn cap and still bets out on the river, so I would just call the river bet. Maybe you can get button to call too..

If it was actually 5 players on the turn, you should definitely cap the turn even if you're 100% sure your set is no good. You'll make the full house a little over 20% of the time, and you're only putting in 20% of the money.

Edit: unless ofcourse your behind a higher set.. hmm
Old 08-12-2005, 04:52 PM

I though this post was talking to me personally for a second

well the river cap is too much for sure

ok now the rest of the hand

preflop is good
flop:good
turn: a donkbet/3bet after coldcalling the flop, usually means a big hand .. though often its just A9, A7 or A2 .. but 99 and 77 are possible, and maybe even 97 and it is possible that he has a flushdraw, most likely the nutflushdraw

when he leads the river after your cap though, its looking much worse for you I don't raise the river, and go for an overcall from the button, you really don't want to be 3bet here given the action to that point
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 PM

I liked it up until the river raise. Villain betting out after you capped the turn is scary. I just call.