Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 03:14 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Best frozen dinners?

Unless you're still at mommys' house, it's very likely you know the frozen dinner section of the supermarket. They've come a long way.

Personally, I like stouffers the best. Their lasagna is good. Their rigatoni with pesto and chicken chunks is great. Especially when you add Texas Toast (garlic) to it. Your place will smell like an italian restaurant. Put it on a plate and it actually looks like you could've cooked it yourself.

Michael Angelo has some good ones lately too. I like their lasagna better than stouffers. Partially due to burnout. I also dig their chicken parmesan. It's actually pretty good.

Anyone else have some that they really don't mind? They've come a long way from just the plain old swanson days.

b
Old 04-28-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Best frozen dinners?

Michelina's Spaghetti is probably my all-time favorite
Old 04-28-2005, 03:19 AM

Everyone at my job eats the Healthy Choice frozen meals, some of them aren't bad.

I actually never ate frozen meals like this until I started working awkward night hours at a place other than a restaurant. I was spending way too much on eating out.

NT
Old 04-28-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone at my job eats the Healthy Choice frozen meals, some of them aren't bad.

I actually never ate frozen meals like this until I started working awkward night hours at a place other than a restaurant. I was spending way too much on eating out.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

the healthy choice fetuccini alfredo with chicken is pretty good.

i also like the california pizza kitchen bbq chicken pizza a whole lot.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I've had some of those. I've heard this about some weight watchers meals too. Sometimes the brand name conjures up a different image of the buyer that it's targeted to.

b
Old 04-28-2005, 03:28 AM

Stouffers lasagna and Mac & Cheese are pretty good. I also like the Marie Callendar's line. Chicken Fried Steak is especially good.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stouffers lasagna and Mac & Cheese are pretty good. I also like the Marie Callendar's line. Chicken Fried Steak is especially good.

[/ QUOTE ]

F the marie callendar's line. You have to microwave like 3 things for 8 minutes each then pour some steaming hot sauce out of some shitty plastic thing on your food w/o burning yourself. i prefer the microwave dinner i punch one hole in and hit the 4 on my microwave. come back and eat. easy
Old 04-28-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F the marie callendar's line. You have to microwave like 3 things for 8 minutes each then pour some steaming hot sauce out of some shitty plastic thing on your food w/o burning yourself. i prefer the microwave dinner i punch one hole in and hit the 4 on my microwave. come back and eat. easy

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was basing this on taste, not ease of preparation. I do agree that Marie Callendar's are a bit tougher to make with the pouch of gravy but if you're not a retard you can get it done without bodily harm and it's the gravy that makes it yummy. It's still a lot easier than making your own chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I was basing this on taste, not ease of preparation. I do agree that Marie Callendar's are a bit tougher to make with the pouch of gravy but if you're not a retard you can get it done without bodily harm and it's the gravy that makes it yummy. It's still a lot easier than making your own chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the best tasting stuff usually comes in different pouches. And is also ridiculously easy to make. They have a frozen pack (skillet sensations) that you put in a pan then add some other stuff to it. The mexican one is great for fajitas.

It's also easier because when you make these meals on your own it's very tough to make it in small quantity.

b
Old 04-28-2005, 03:52 AM

fried chicken