Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Hand selection once your ITM

Over the last 200 sng's my ITM has been very good but my ROI is not what I would expect for the amount of times I make the final 3. In going over my data I have found that I get 3rd place more than I think is acceptable. I took a look at all my hand histories for 3rd place finishes and found that I have been a little to willing to take coin flips with middle pocket pairs. My thinking is that against over cards I am a %55 to %45 favorite and over the long run this should add up. Is this incorrect thinking? I think pushing with MPP is acceptable but should I not call with them? It is something I am concerned about however it is possible that this is way to small of a sample to get all hot and sweaty over. Any help appreciated.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Hand selection once your ITM

You're not always a favorite - how often are you bumping up against higher pairs, or high suited connectors - ie. 55 vs JTs. You're not always a favorite as much as you think.

Also, are you calling allins with these hands? Its much prefer to be the one doing the raising in most hands
Old 12-08-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Hand selection once your ITM

In general, middle pairs are extremely good pf 3 handed. Keep in mind that 200 SNGs is too small a sample size to be drawing any conclusions. I recommend posting some of the hands you went through. After a few, you'll have a really good idea whether you're leaking.