Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: A situation I\'m often faced with..

[ QUOTE ]
In almost any size limit games I play in, if I am first in after UTG and have any pocket pair 77 and up, I will raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a pretty strong statement. No conditions, no cautions. First in with a pair above 77...RAISE IT UP!!!

Lawrence Ng maybe you need a new game plan. You don't know what to do when faced with a simple situation (2 over cards flop)that happens regularly in holdem. This is really basic.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. Why 77 and up, though, in most games? To thin the field, I understand. But why do you draw the line at 77? My preflop knowledge is limited mainly to SSHE and THFAP, which would not recommend raising with pairs that low in ep. Can you pleasee elaborate? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess to put it simply, I feel confident enough in my post flop play to set such raising standards.

Lawrence
Old 07-19-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a pretty strong statement. No conditions, no cautions. First in with a pair above 77...RAISE IT UP!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it's truly that big of a mistake to raise in EP with a mid sized pair? What's the cost of that mistake in the long run? What if that mistake were compensated with good post flop play? Then would it still be a mistake?

Please help me with "the basics" here...

Lawrence