Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 PM

Default questionable play with Q9o

i think i played both of these hands bad, but for different reasons. please feel free to comment on any street.

hand one: villian here is a 55/27 lag. the bb who folded is also really loose preflop - that probably matters here.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

hand two: the limper/villian in this hand was a 50/10 type and passive postflop. the blinds were both tight and could be depended on to give up their blinds.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB
Old 11-14-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: questionable play with Q9o

Hand #1

I don’t think there is much wrong with the way you played it. There is something to be said for checking the turn here because it may look like the ten was a scare card to you…In other words, a turn check does not always make your flop raise look like a free card play.

A turn check gives you more options on the river… possibly bluff betting when you miss, obviously raising when you hit your straight, calling when you catch a queen or nine, and likely folding if bet into when you miss.

Hand #2

I think you need to fold on the flop to his check raise. I fold here to a lag’s flop check raise as well.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:37 PM

Both of those are pretty horrid. Hand one just check the turn and fold the river UI. Flop raise is questionable against this type of player. I don't like the PFR in hand two. I've found K9o/Q9o to be quite unprofitable in these situations. I really don't see a reason to continue after the flop CR.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:46 PM

Check the turn in Hand #1. LAGc can't be bluffed easily because they are aware of them. He will call with any piece.
And it looks like he has something, he put 3 bets in preflop.

Hand#2 preflop marginal, flop call is really bad but you know this.