Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Dell Customer Support, Where are they? My 2001FP is broke.

Anyone know the phone number for Dell where I can tell them about a shimmering problem with my brand new 2001FP? I looked online but found only a pay-for-help line which doesn't seem right given that I am calling for a product under warranty.

I can't use the online "chat with tech support" feature because it requires a "service tag" which I either don't have, or can't find.

I love the monitor, but its totally messing with my eyes with the B.S. pixel dancing it's doing.

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Dell Customer Support, Where are they? My 2001FP is broke.

I'd try looking a bit harder at the site www.dell.com

edit: Lazy moron

1-800-624-9896
Old 10-12-2005, 09:32 PM

wow harsh
Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 PM

depends if you bought from dell....if not no recoarse...unless you transfered ownership....GL
Old 10-12-2005, 11:40 PM

Really?

They have their phone number plastered across the site. And going to support then contact us is not rocket science.

Nick
Old 10-12-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really?

They have their phone number plastered across the site. And going to support then contact us is not rocket science.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. I spent a whole day trying to get in touch with their support. I finally gave up. And I even have a service tag, it just doesn't work. It may not be rocket science, but it sure as hell is way over my head.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:36 AM

Yeah, it really is incredibly difficult. I have almost given up, hence the "stupid" post.

I haven't tried it yet, but I am very dubious that the first responders phone number is going to work if he found it so easily.

Thank you though anyway, even though I am apparently dumber than spit, and not a rocket scientist.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:07 AM

Oh Good Lord. I'm not sure why I'm responding to this.

Lets assume this is a home purchase. On the back of your 2001fp there is a Service Tag and/or Express Service Code. The ST is 8 digits, the ESC is probably 20 numbers.

http://www.dell.com/

Select Contact Us from the bottom of the page. VIOLA.

As a side note. I'll give you credit in that if you try to go to their "Support" page, it sucks ass and will do everything they can to not give you a phone number. But lets be intelligent people!

Nick
Old 10-13-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know the phone number for Dell where I can tell them about a shimmering problem with my brand new 2001FP? I looked online but found only a pay-for-help line which doesn't seem right given that I am calling for a product under warranty.

I can't use the online "chat with tech support" feature because it requires a "service tag" which I either don't have, or can't find.

I love the monitor, but its totally messing with my eyes with the B.S. pixel dancing it's doing.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick fixes, assuming you're using the analog input:
1) Adjust the phase or pixel clock (seeDell 2001fp Controls Page)
2) Or just use the dvi input. Buy a new video card if necessary, the analog connection will always be worse than dvi.
3) If you're already using the dvi input, then I haven't been helpful at all. This saddens me.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:18 AM

The weird thing is, I have only a 20 digit, a 6 digit and a 3 digit number on the back of the monitor. Honestly I am quite comfortable with computers in general, I don't think I have a service tag. Dell's website said exactly where to look for it, and it ain't there.

I called the 800 number you gave me. The rep. informed me I had to start a troubleshooting dialog before I could get warranty coverage. She transfered me to tech support. I wait on hold 25 minutes. When a woman finally picks up, I can't make out a word she is saying due to a very poor phone connection. Sounded like she was talking over the "thwop-thwop" of helicopter blades. We managed to communicate enough for me to tell her that our connection was crap. She gets my phone number to call me back, and never does.

So far so good. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'm gonna try again tomorrow, I only have 1 hour per day to waste on hold/tech crap without going nuts.

Thanks again for your help though.