Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 02:47 PM

Default River value bet?

PP 5/10 6 max
Folded to me and I raise 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO. Only the BB calls. Flop is

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet.

Turn is some low blank. Checked to me I bet.

River is the 8x. Two questions, without a read should I be value betting this river, and should I be betting the turn with my draw or taking the free card?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: River value bet?

Bet river, yes.
Without a read i would be leaning towards betting turn also, you only have one opponent and "peeling one off" is not uncommon. If he calls like he did you have a decent draw.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:04 PM

You have two weak draws on the flop. I don't play much SH, but you're not betting the turn for value, are you? If you're up against unknowns, you can't measure your fold equity and shouldn't rely on it. I'd check the turn, lead out / call a river bet.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have two weak draws on the flop. I don't play much SH, but you're not betting the turn for value, are you? If you're up against unknowns, you can't measure your fold equity and shouldn't rely on it. I'd check the turn, lead out / call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have one weak draw (backdoor flush), one good draw (double ended gutshot draw), and likely a pair of 7's or pair of 8's draw.

Bet flop, bet turn, bet river.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:29 PM

Originally I was raising these suited connector hands in the CO, but I've stopped doing it unless the blinds are pretty tight, Big cards win the small pots (blind stealing/defense pots). Given that you did raise i would've bet on every street.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM

turn bet is standard. Youve got draws, but the flop was such that he could have called with a large number of hands he will now dump, with 8 high, you want to give him another chance to fold.

He called the turn, but now youve got second pair, its a pretty easy value bet as you will get called by tons of worse hands.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you have one weak draw (backdoor flush), one good draw (double ended gutshot draw), and likely a pair of 7's or pair of 8's draw.

Bet flop, bet turn, bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't slept much and thought I saw a single gutshot. My mistake.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM

What if the BB led at the flop, called a raise and a turn bet. Is there any value in betting the river in that case?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:59 PM

In that case, I'd check behind on the river.