Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Dan Druff and Stars 100/200

[ QUOTE ]
he doesn't like calvin and hobbes

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that possible?

SpaceAce
Old 07-30-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for Stars to give me access to the restriced games

[/ QUOTE ]

How long does this take, it took me half an hour. My experience with DanDruff is that he's won't to make some fishy plays, but my experience is limited, and I also think he's the captain of the nerd convention so I have a want to dislike everything he does - that said, everyone that know anything about anything says he's very solid and an excellent player.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:47 AM

I just checked my database and a little surprised to learn that Dan Druff is one of the bigger losers lately there. He has been running bad. But I also don't think he's as good a player as some of you think. He plays solid enough, but a tad too unimaginative, in my opinion. For example, when the hand goes check check on the turn, you can almost always bet him off on the river. Hard to believe that not one of those times he didn't have an ace or small pair. It's almost like he's just playing his hand and not giving his opponent the possibility that he's taking advantage of his weakness to bet a nothing hand.
This also could be a sign that he's multi-tabling and too distracted to play his A-game. It's one thing to multi-table small stakes, but I know that my results also suffer when I try to play 3 100 games at the same time.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:32 AM

I think everyone is underestimating how good DanDruff is. The reason he seems "tight and unimaginative" at times is that many of the stars regulars get destroyed by straightforward but thinking play.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone is underestimating how good DanDruff is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine, Dan, like many other players (including some of the most respected 2+2ers) vastly underestimates the variance inherent in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've watched before and been unimpressed with his [Dan Druff's] play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played against him a number of times and watched a fair amount. He is IMO one of the most solid online limit players around.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by solid you mean tight and predictable, then yes, you are right. He is very solid.

You'll notice that the other players who think he is a solid player are the uber nits. Compared to the uber nits, Dan Druff is a loose maniac, and plays significantly better than they.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com
Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of solid players are not cut out for super super aggresive short handed play. Dandruff is a very good player but I do not see him as a long time winner in short handed play in that game. Here is why...dandruff is very easy to read. His play is very predictable and easy to play against. He plays to much "by the book"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOL. You're a donk if you think Druff doesn't mix it up.

[ QUOTE ]
I started playing poker at the 2-4 and have moved up as should you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey donkey, when he plays 100/200, HE'S DROPPING DOWN IN LIMITS.

Sounds like you need to "CHECK YOUR GAME" homey.

Meow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:20 PM

This is pretty interesting. When a total maniac does very well in big NL poker tourneys, everyone thinks the guy is awesome even though too many people he looks like a loose/aggro lucky fish. When Dan Druff absolutely destroys the competition in back to back limit holdem tourneys in Vegas but looks like a tightass, everyone says he sucks.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty interesting. When a total maniac does very well in big NL poker tourneys, everyone thinks the guy is awesome even though too many people he looks like a loose/aggro lucky fish. When Dan Druff absolutely destroys the competition in back to back limit holdem tourneys in Vegas but looks like a tightass, everyone says he sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding right?

Holding up tournament wins as evidence that a player is good? C'mon Paluka, you know better than that. At least, you should. I'm sure that Dan's a winning player. But it's easy to be a winning player when you nit out the full table ring games.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com