Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Paypal to Pokerstars

Hi guys, I have some money in my paypal account. If I transferred it to one of you, could you do a transfer to me into my pokerstars account. Probably sometime tomorrow. I would prefer if the person that did this had at least 500 posts or more. Not that I think anyone would cheat me, but I want someone as reliable as possible. Thanks a lot guys. Ps I will PM the person that agrees to do this.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Paypal to Pokerstars

Paypal takes a chunk out of the guy who recieves money if you send 50 he may recieve 47.50? So if he wants 52 for 50 it's not a scam or tax........
Old 02-23-2004, 07:22 PM

Yeah, but I beleieve that is only if the person has a premier account. Otherwise there is a charge. Even if there is a small charge, I would gladly cover it for the person. It is better than the $30 charge that I had to pay when I did a Western Union deposit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2004, 07:48 PM

I once had the same problem, you should swich to neteller, but you problaby already knew that (free o' charge and the debit card, what more could one want?).

cheers,
Johan Rensink
Old 02-23-2004, 07:49 PM

I'm not trying to make trouble Syzgy, but why should a person with 500+ posts, trust a person with as few as you do? Here is how you could screw them.

If Syzgy transfers you $500 and you give him a Pokerstars transfer, he can dump those chips off in an hour. Then the next day, or within 30 days, he could initiate a chargeback with Paypal stating that you did not deliver the merchandise or whatever. He knows that you won't tell Paypal the real story behind this in your chargeback defense because your account would be closed for using Paypal to fund online poker. I had a friend fall for this once, and they had their Paypal account restricted, and lost the chargeback as well.

How would this poster know that you did not come here to establish a rapport and trust with the intentions of doing exactly this scam.

Like i said, I'm sure you are an OK person, but I must warn that someone could get burned here, and that someone is not Syzgy. Sorry
Old 02-23-2004, 07:53 PM

I think u may be confused. I am the one that would be transferring the money to the person from my paypal account to theirs. Then they would transfer me money to my pokerstars account. If this is what you already thought, could you please reexplain in because I dont really understand.

Edit, I will also be only transferring 60 dollars so a ripoff would probably be more hassle than it would be worth to me.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:32 PM

You transfer $60 from your credit card to me through paypal.

I use my pokerstars balance to give you $57 (fees). You then do a chargeback on your creditcard saying you never got any merchandise from me.

I'm S.O.L.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:39 PM

as the victim of a scam like this, I had my paypal account closed because someone charged back money that I put on their party account back when pay pal was still doing those transactions...just not the state that the person was from.

I think I found out that if I had made it a quasi CASH transaction, I would have been ok. No chargebacks are allowed on that.

So if syzygy put money in your pay pal, it would just be repayment of a debt, not a gambling transaction, and he could not make a claim for the money back.

However, I am not positive of this, and I don't have a pay pal account anymore, so I am not sure I would do it, and don't have to think about it.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:51 PM

If the funds are already in his paypal balance then he can't do a chargeback. If he gets the funds from an external source then he can (I don't think he can on a checking account transfer though).

There's no real way to tell all it says is Instant Payment when it's not an e-check.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:26 AM

He could still dispute the transaction with Paypal and claim that the other person reneged on the agreement... gets messy!...