Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Playing 77 on the button

Playing 20-40 at the Mirage monday night.Game was very profitable tight old men to my left, loose passive tourists to my right. A weak passive tourist(WPT) limp in middle position to open. I am on the button W/77 I raised to isolate him. BB calls the WPT called the flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. This was a very good flop for me because the WPT played two overs to the river and the blind was the only person I had to worry about, but he played any ACE. The BB checked WPT bet I raised the BB called so did The WPT. Turn comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. It was checked to me I bet the BB folded(that was a relief to me) the WPT calls The K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hits the river. Now i see some sort of excitement in him as he was throwing 40 in the pot.I muck my hand, but he shows me KQ off suit. Was I justified in playing my hand this way or was there a better move out there???????? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Playing 77 on the button

I like your raise preflop to isolate. I also like your flop raise, but am not thrilled that the BB called 2 cold. Turn, I'm with you when you said you were very happy to see the BB fold. At this point I have to believe your hand is best. River I would have to have a very good read to lay my hand down for 1 more bet. It sounds like you had that read. Well played.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:32 PM

I agree, nice lay down. Some people just do not know when they could be beat. Besides 77 is a heart-attack waiting to happen, most times.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:01 PM

everything is super standard. well played on all accounts. easy river fold with a moderate read.