Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 06:50 PM

Default 3-Bet the turn?

Pretty typical $10/$20 game -- good variety of fish & fishermen. Table seems a little on the loose side when this hand happens. I'm in the big blind.

UTG, UTG+1, EMP, MP, LMP all call! CO raises. Button calls two cold. SB calls. I call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](anyone throw a value raise here? [value in the sense that my hand plays great 9 ways]). All other limpers call. 9 way to the flop for 18 SB.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (yeah, it's nice)

SB checks, I bet right out (hoping that my aggression out of the blind will be seen as weakness to the alert players who look for tells, and hoping that the fish call b/c they're fish and that's what fish do. Also, I didn't want the flop to get auto-checked around to CO, who has a tendency not to auto-bet flops he raised preflop, and have him check ). I'm called in four spots (UTG, UTG+1, MP, and CO [who's the pre-flop raiser]). The only player that's left that isn't a fish is MP, who is by far the best player at the table.

Turn is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet out again, get called by UTG, UTG+1 folds, MP raises, CO folds and it's back to me. Do I three-bet the turn? MP raises on the turn for info. a lot and if I three-bet he's gonna get the answer that I have the nuts or damn near (as my three-betting isn't a frequent thing) and possibly fold, as will UTG (unless he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which case he is obviously along for the ride.) Plus, there is the chance that I am behind to the nut flush.

Results to follow. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: 3-Bet the turn?

hi cool
3 bet the turn. the MP has either picked up a straight or has a smaller flush, and UTG either has top pair or the As. you need to make the UTG pay if he's on the draw, and if the MP has a smaller flush or straight, he will call. you're in the lead, get the bets in there before the fourth spade hits. at that point, there won't be many callers left for value, but there might be a raiser.