Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Bellagio 15-30 questions

Will be in Vegas this thursday thru sunday, and was wondering some things about the 15-30 at Bellagio.

Is day time a rock garden? If so, what time do the games normally loosen up?

What should I be prepared to buy in for -- where I'm from, I play 10/20 and usually start with $400, should I stick with the same ratio and buy in for $600, or is that too much (too little)?

Are the games 'must-move' or can you ask for table changes?

Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 15-30 questions

Games are usually pretty lively all the time. In the wee hours after midnight, they get _really_ good (although sometimes short-handed).

I usually buy in at around $600 -- I also buy in $10-$20 at $400. Be prepared to juice back up, though. It moves fast. But you'll be alright at that range.

Table change as much as you want. Not must-move.

It's a good game there. 30-60 is a heck of a lot tougher -- I find that the 15-30 at the Bellagio is looser than the boring 10-20s at the Mirage.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:42 AM

ZeroGee,
Thanks for the response --- just what I was looking for. I was debating on playing the 10/20 at the mirage, but last time I was there it was a total rock garden, and I had heard that the 15/30 at the bellagio was a much better game. Thanks for confirming that for me.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:40 AM

Are the 6/12 games at the Mirage the same tough games as the 10/20, or are they looser because of the lower limits?
Thanks
Old 12-02-2003, 12:30 PM

I really like the Mirage and used to play there always when I was in Vegas, but the fact is you will usually be much better off at Bellagio. The 8/16 at Bellagio is way more +EV IMHO than the 6/12 at Mirage. The 15/30 at Bellagio is also the same compared to the 10/20 or 20/40 at Mirage. JMHO
Old 12-02-2003, 02:28 PM

The Mirage 10-20 is not "tough" -- it is just usually tight, or a rock-garden, as described earlier. You can beat that game just as easily as any other game, it just requires a different style.

The 6-12 I've only played twice, but both times it was a fairly lively game -- not worth playing though when you can play the wonderful 8-16 over at the Bellagio, and get those Strawberry Juliuses.

The Mirage 20-40 on the other hand was a very loose game in the vein of the Bellagio 15-30 or 30-60 when I played it -- I would definitely go back to that game if I could drag myself away from the Bellagio.

ZG
Old 12-03-2003, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Mirage 10-20 is not "tough" -- it is just usually tight, or a rock-garden, as described earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was the case a couple of years ago, but not any more. Dynasty had some posts a couple of months ago about how loose the 10-20 has become. I think they were on the Mid-Stakes forum.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:26 PM

I would usually defer to Dynasty but I spent a week in Vegas during the WSOP and played at Bellagio and Mirage exclusively (with side trips to watch the the final few days of the big one) and I found the 10-20 at the Mirage to be really, really tough. They are more than simple rocks, at the 10-20, they are very solid players. The 6-12 is a better game, just watch out for the daytime locls, there will be one or two at he table. At night its much better. The 8-16 at Bellagio is comparable, quite good, with more tourists though. And the strwberry Julius's are quite good!
Old 12-07-2003, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will be heading for Las Vegas next week. I will be playing the 6-12 game at the Mirage and the 8-16 game at Bellagio. If anyone else has other advice on other good games please let me know.
Thanks Scott
Old 12-08-2003, 10:46 AM

Just returned from Vegas and thought I'd give my two cents. I played exclusively at the Bellagio at the 15-30 (though I did sit for about an hour in an 8-16 game waiting to get into the 15-30 [long lists due to five diamond tournament]). This was my first time playing as high as 15-30, and I was worried that I might be moving up too quickly, but after about 20 minutes at the table I found that I could definitely hang at 15-30, and if anything I was consistently one of the 2-3 best players at my table. Tons of people playing any ace, from any position. People playing pocket pairs (no matter how small) for a raise no matter how few opponents. People determined to defend their blinds with 8-5 offsuit b/c they already had 15 in the pot -- just dream opponents. Most were passive enough not to raise without the nuts or damn near the nuts. A few maniacs looking to give away their money, but all and all, I found the 15-30 to be quite tight and passive during the tough times, and loose and passive during the good times. I found the day time games to be better than the night time games (though to be fair I only played until about 1 or 2 in the morning, and from listening to some of the locals, they said that 3-4 in the morning is when the games really get rocking), but that could be b/c the deck hit me in the face two days. I had a four hour session on saturday that made me $2000, and a 6 hour session thursday that made me $1400 -- both my biggest wins to date. I thought about taking a shot at the 30-60, after seeing some of my weaker opponents from my first two days in the game, but I didn't want to take a hit there and give back all I won in the 15-30. I'm sure some of the loose action was due in large part to the tournament in town.