Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-28-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: When did James Dungy become John Lennon?

[ QUOTE ]

As to the OP, you should really think about getting a life that extends beyond sportscenter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging from recent posts, a life as relevant as Sportscenter would be a major aspiration.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 AM

I'm pretty sure James Dungy has been elevated from John Lennon status to Jesus status.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure James Dungy has been elevated from John Lennon status to Jesus status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone has his head in the sand (or some place else where the sun don't shine). This whole thing has been about Tony Dungy. I have not seen a single personal item or fact about James in the media except as it relates to Tony or the Colts. All of the weeeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth on the networks, and especially on ESPN, have focussed on first, Tony; second, the Colts; and third, the remaining Dungy family.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:42 AM

I know who its about. But honestly Tony Dungy and his "I go to church seven days a week" paragon status is quite gay as it is, and I don't need to hear about every time the car hits the brakes in the funeral procession.

It really would be one thing if the Colts had been undefeated going into Seattle (I'm not saying this as a bastard, but obviously that would be worth some headlines) but this is not interesting.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:51 AM

i agree, espn should show more dunks.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know who its about. But honestly Tony Dungy and his "I go to church seven days a week" paragon status is quite gay as it is, and I don't need to hear about every time the car hits the brakes in the funeral procession.

It really would be one thing if the Colts had been undefeated going into Seattle (I'm not saying this as a bastard, but obviously that would be worth some headlines) but this is not interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't go to church and I don't believe in God. But some very intelligent and sincere people do, and to ridicule their reliance on their faith in a time of crisis as "gay" is beneath contempt.

But I have to grant you that if Dungy's faith was really strong enough, the Colts would have been undefeated, and that would be a good story. If not a genuine miracle. And well worth the death of a son. Would that be interesting enough for you?????
Old 12-28-2005, 04:26 AM

Well, looks like a lot of people disagree with my but that's fine.

If we are taking a straight literary definition of tragedy, then yes, this is a tragedy. However, most of the public does not see the definition of tragedy this way.

I never said he deserved to die or that he got what he deserved and I never said it's not very saddening for Tony Dungy and his family. All I'm saying is that it's not a big deal.

Why am I saying that? Well when I'm watching football games, they're doing a moment of silence of James Dungy. But why? People die ALL the time. Many of those people who die, die from more unfortunate circumstances. Do these people and their families get all this sympathy from the masses? No. They're just another statistic.

To give James Dungy and his family all this attention is unjust. It's basically saying that his life and his family's life is more valuable than the loads of others who die everyday.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To give James Dungy and his family all this attention is unjust. It's basically saying that his life and his family's life is more valuable than the loads of others who die everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

BULLETIN BULLETIN BULLETIN

This just in: Life is unjust!!!!!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programs. We return you now to the Jerry Springer Show, where we will pay a lot more attention to the lives of some trailer-trash in-bred red necks than to people who lead decent (i.e., boring) lives.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:04 AM

Why are you douchebags argueing about this? Seriously, wtf.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BULLETIN BULLETIN BULLETIN

This just in: Life is unjust!!!!!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programs. We return you now to the Jerry Springer Show, where we will pay a lot more attention to the lives of some trailer-trash in-bred red necks than to people who lead decent (i.e., boring) lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soapbox alert...