Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: PPJP @ 450k!

[ QUOTE ]
Hardly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Useless post.

I'll elaborate anyway: At $400,000, if you "win" the jackpot you get $160k. If you "lose" you get $80k. 15/30 is the highest limit available, right? So if you have to call 4 bets cold -- $120 -- drawing to one out (inside str8 flush draw), then -- if the board includes a pair 88 or above -- you clearly have odds to call. I'll bet it's even close if the flop is capped and you need runner-runner, even taking into account the (un)likelihood that any of the others has quad-8s or better or will get there.

That's just one example.

And stop making posts like "hardly". It's insulting and annoying, particularly when you're wrong. It's clear how you got to 2000 posts -- none of which, to my recollection, were in HUSH, medium stakes, or high stakes.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I have no idea how that's enforced given that the $$ is deposited to your account instantaneously upon winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and party has awarded a jackpot and then nullified it and put the money back in the jackpot pool. they did it because people at the table were chatting in the window the potential jackpot hand while it was going on.

just because it hits your party acct doesnt mean you have the cash in your hand.

bwana
Old 12-23-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll elaborate anyway: At $400,000, if you "win" the jackpot you get $160k. If you "lose" you get $80k. 15/30 is the highest limit available, right? So if you have to call 4 bets cold -- $120 -- drawing to one out (inside str8 flush draw), then -- if the board includes a pair 88 or above -- you clearly have odds to call. I'll bet it's even close if the flop is capped and you need runner-runner, even taking into account the (un)likelihood that any of the others has quad-8s or better or will get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong. And I want to play at your tables.

Seriously...you are losing a LOT of EV if you are actually doing this.

You could barely have enough increased odds to make an extreme borderline fold change to a borderline-call....that's about it.

But to say that you should be trying to runner-runner straight-flushes and quads all the time (as you seemed to indicate might be correct) is REALLY off.

Also - there are some players who play any suited-connectors down to 32s from EP or for a raise against 1 player...whatever.
These are very good friends to have for any player who actually would prefer to win money.

In other news...I had JJ on a board of QQJJx yesterday and was getting REALLY freaking excited.
No dice...but I did win a nice sized-pot though.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hardly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Useless post.

That's just one example.

And stop making posts like "hardly". It's insulting and annoying, particularly when you're wrong. It's clear how you got to 2000 posts -- none of which, to my recollection, were in HUSH, medium stakes, or high stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not have correct odds to chase a 1 or 2 outer for $120 to a 400k jackpot if the qualifying hand your opponent needs to have also is quad 8's or better. Its not even close. Its not even close to close. Do you see why?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I have no idea how that's enforced given that the $$ is deposited to your account instantaneously upon winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

they enforce it by taking the money back.
it's their jackpot, their site, their rules.
They can do whatever they want.

If they wanted to they could say, "We decided that you guys don't deserve the jackpot because you all had too many vowels in your names so we're taking all the money back" and you probably couldn't do much about it.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they enforce it by taking the money back.
it's their jackpot, their site, their rules.
They can do whatever they want.

If they wanted to they could say, "We decided that you guys don't deserve the jackpot because you all had too many vowels in your names so we're taking all the money back" and you probably couldn't do much about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] vowels.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:02 AM

WTF GOT HIT TWICE IN A MIN
Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF GOT HIT TWICE IN A MIN

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats certainly statistically improbable.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 AM

No...looks like it only got hit once.

But it still sucks that it got hit at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No...looks like it only got hit once.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it got hit twice within 1 minute. I'd be somewhat disappointed to be the 2nd batch to hit it (reduced JP)