Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-15-2005, 12:45 AM

Default i give a free card w/ KQ and fold teh ribber w/ top two on lame board

bet365 2/4 6-max

honestly i don't know why i am still playing at this site.

1. the software sucks and i misclick constantly
2. i think most of the people are from europe, so mainly only multitablers w/ rakeback play when i play.
3. no one respects my raises
4. too many tricky tag/lags
5. other

anyway, this guy is of 25/8/2 after a hundo hands. he is pretty aggressive, but straightforward from everything i've seen so far. the only hand i've played with him before went like this:

cue prior hand-----------------------------------------------------

he open limps QJo in the hijack. fold, fold, fold, i check QJo in the big blind.

flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.5 small ones)
i check raise, he 3-bets and i call.

turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.25 big'uns)
i convince myself to check/fold, and then i check/call.

river 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i check call. my hand ends up halfway decent.

end prior hand-----------------------------------------------------

ok now the one i cry inside about:

i open K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the hijack. this guy coldcalls on the button and the blinds say goodbye (i told you i don't know why i play here)

flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5 sb)
i bet, he raises, i call. he seems aggressive enough to let me check raise him on the turn.

turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75 bb)
i check, he checks.... ugh

river: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.75 bb)
i check, he bets, i fold.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: i give a free card w/ KQ and fold teh ribber w/ top two on lame bo

i think i hate that.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: i give a free card w/ KQ and fold teh ribber w/ top two on lame board

Hi Miles-

You seem like a really great poster and I think your brain was just out to lunch on this hand. First of all, when you're raised on the flop, shouldn't you either be a) 3-betting or b) donking the turn to stop a free card (unless the turn is an ace or maybe a spade.) ?

So, the king comes and makes your hand better. Seeing as you were probably going to bet anyway (I assume), why would you give a possible free card when your hand gets stronger? Two pair is obviously a vulnerable holding and while I know you wanted to check raise, I don't like it. Neither would aggroHushposter, if he were commenting on this thread :-).

You can't fold this river after the lack of strength you showed on the turn. I don't think I'm folding this river ever for one bet. He could have had QT or something and improved to two pair on the river.

I don't get what's wrong with the site either, except that you misclick with the software. People aren't respecting your raises? Is that a bad thing? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 AM

the bit about people not respecting my raises is a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
or b) donking the turn to stop a free card (unless the turn is an ace or maybe a spade.) ?

[/ QUOTE ]
this guy does not seem to be a guy who takes free cards. to me it was like he would bet his draws to get me to fold ace high. i guess the worst part about this is that i did not reevaluate when the turn king fell - that really can't be a good card for him.

about folding the river, why can't i fold? put him on a range that makes sense with the preflop coldcall, flop raise, and turn check, and then consider that the pot is less than 6 bb when it's up to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:49 AM

the river fold is fine.

the turn check is icky. You weren't sure villain would bet the turn and paid the price. Bummer, dude, but it happens.

3-bet flop and lead turn or call flop and donk turn. I just don't like risking a c/r on a flush draw playing zone board.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 AM

the only way I would check fold the turn in hand one is if my GF announced in the middle of the hand that for the next 5 minutes she no longer had a gag reflex.

in the main hand, going for the checkraise is ok, but I think once the K dropped I woulda donked, its just way to easy for him to check that behind, either cuz he has the FD and the K makes him think his fold equity is vanished (or just cuz he planned on checking anyway), cuz he has like xT and the K gives him outs and he doesnt want to get c/r, or just cuz the K scares him. Normally tho I just 3 bet the flop when im OOP and its very drawy.

River, eh, I think its close. I dont really think he has an A here or a 9. The flush draw is very definately a concern, but QT and JT both are very possible, as are some random Qx and Jx hands that he now bluffs with since you checked. Getting 6-1 here I dont mind a call, but I dont think a fold is bad either
Old 12-15-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Re: i give a free card w/ KQ and fold teh ribber w/ top two on lame board

Man all the posts are screwed because you didn't cut it off at the turn. Conciously or sub conciously i reckon most of you thought "OHHH turn he checked behind, he played the free card play. I didnt spot it but i do now i saw the turn action". Hey maybe some of you didn't, But miles cut the action off on the turn next time then show it once you got some replies.

I reckon you played it fine and in the "heat of the battle" i'd probably not have thought he's going for a free card.

On the turn yeh you failed to see the king may suck for him but he prob thought it sucked for you anyhow and if he wasnt on a flush draw he'd prob of bet. Gee he may have QTo and wanting a cheap showdown.

I just reckon you got unlucky and the way it went is ok.

River fold - Well flush draw it seems so he just hit it so it makes sense. If it wasn't a T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and say a 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] what do you think of a bet fold?

If he is on a flush draw he will raise,
If he has a 2pair he will probably Call/fold.

I dont see him raising anything else, and you could of been on a flush draw yourself(Bet for free card/Fold equity, You check thinking he'll bet and want to call, You hit your flush and bet...).

I say if it wasnt a T, because now an ace will probably call with a straight even though he fears a flush from you.

On the other hand if he held 2pair or something i.e. QTo and wanted a cheaper SD he may now fold fearing a straight or flush but i dont have him on 2pair... Most likly flush.

So in conclusion since it was a T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] its fine, you just got unlucky.

Next time turn off the sound to avoid the gay "BEEP BEEP" and think "what does he have?".

I mean you bet this flop and didn't check-raise because the 2spades right?

I reckon you played it fine.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only way I would check fold the turn in hand one is if my GF announced in the middle of the hand that for the next 5 minutes she no longer had a gag reflex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alobar, I don't have a gag reflex, and I swallow too. I bet your little bitch gf Stacy doesn't do that.

Can you say DEEPTHROAT? <font color="white">just [censored] with ya dude</font>
Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 PM

i hear you on the aggressive enough...

but this board is mad draw-y. giving a free card is teh suck.

it means he's aggressive enough to raise your bet with worse cards (and of course you have 4 outs) so you can bet/call again.

of course.... this begs the question why not 3bet the flop.

and i still dislike the river fold.

all the answers seem to lead back to this guy scaring you.

get off that site.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:10 PM

fine. fold on the river. but next time, lose more.